Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Imported Pictures show different date

[ Edited ]

Good morning,

We purchased a Hero 7 black to supplement the Hero 6 black we already own.  

Set up the Hero 7 black.  Date on screen shows as the correct date (Aug 1, 2019).

Importing to two different computers, it imported the pictures as January 2 and 3 2018.

The picture files themselves on the computers show as taken in January.

Please advise.

Go pro dates wrong.png

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Imported Pictures show different date

Resetting your camera and following the advice from @aragon1006 should help with future photos.

If you haven't used your camera for awhile, it's possible the internal clock can go off so always check the date/time prior to use. An easy way to do this is to just connect to the mobile app or connect the camera to the desktop app and the date/time will be synced (I usually do the extra step of going to camera settings in the mobile app and then tapping date/time to sync).

As far as changing the date on your current photos, I couldn't find a batch command to change the date (name is easy, but apparently not date/time).
What I did find was the advice to open your photos in the Windows Photo Gallery, Right-click the photo that you want to change, and then click Change time taken .

To select multiple photos or videos, hold down the CTRL key, and then click each of the photos or videos.

Change the date or time settings.
Click OK

You can also change the date by opening the picture online at GoPro.com in your media (if you have GoPro Plus) and then selecting Info. The option to change the date can be found there. I'm not sure, but I think this might also be available on the Quik Desktop app.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @fleetridge1161

How did you import the files to your computer?

See if resetting the camera will help. 

Once done, format the SD card on your camera.

Make sure to save any important files before proceeding.

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs       

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Explorer

Resetting your camera and following the advice from @aragon1006 should help with future photos.

If you haven't used your camera for awhile, it's possible the internal clock can go off so always check the date/time prior to use. An easy way to do this is to just connect to the mobile app or connect the camera to the desktop app and the date/time will be synced (I usually do the extra step of going to camera settings in the mobile app and then tapping date/time to sync).

As far as changing the date on your current photos, I couldn't find a batch command to change the date (name is easy, but apparently not date/time).
What I did find was the advice to open your photos in the Windows Photo Gallery, Right-click the photo that you want to change, and then click Change time taken .

To select multiple photos or videos, hold down the CTRL key, and then click each of the photos or videos.

Change the date or time settings.
Click OK

You can also change the date by opening the picture online at GoPro.com in your media (if you have GoPro Plus) and then selecting Info. The option to change the date can be found there. I'm not sure, but I think this might also be available on the Quik Desktop app.