Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Implssible to change date of the video

[ New ]

Newly filmed video was dated as 2 years ago (2016 - instead of 2019), after that I changed the date in GoPro Quick but as soon I moved them to another location on pc and readded to GoProQuick the date was back to wrong one again!!! How the heck to do it permanently so that the date will stay correct not depended on if I move files or not

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Implssible to change date of the video

[ New ]

Hi @eugens02812,

If the battery is removed from the camera for an extended period of time, you must reset the date and time (automatically or manually). The date and time are automatically updated when you connect your camera to Quik Desktop app. However, you can manually change these settings, on the camera itself, if needed.

I replicated the situation and did a few tests. If you change the date of the video within the Quik for Desktop, this will change the file's modified/create date in the application only. When the file is manually moved out (through Windows explorer) from the original import location to another folder, and then imported back to the Quik for Desktop app (by adding Media Folder), it will retain the original information of the file.

Quik for Desktop imports and displays the contents based on the date/time they were shot, that's of course if the camera's date/time were accurate when the videos/photos were captured.

Kind Regards,
Ann

Tourist

[ New ]
Ok, that is the answer why it happened, but actually I need the answer how to change the date of the video so that it changed permanently. Otherwise it completely meaningless if it will b only inside the app.
GoPro

[ New ]

@eugens02812, we currently do not have any preferred recommendation on changing the media file's Created/Modified date. However, you may be able to perform a Google search to find some third-party file changer options. Please also note that Quik for Desktop app is only able to identify and import raw/unedited GoPro footage.

Tourist

[ New ]
But italien Israël rediculos! When person forgets to change the date on camera the video is dated 2016 and there is no possibility to change the date afterwards. There is possible and easy to change the date of the photo file, so if camera date resets to 2016 it should be possible to change the date of the video in gopro app.
GoPro

[ New ]

There maybe ways to change the date outside Quik for Desktop app or using a different application / process, but no specific method that we can recommend, @eugens02812. We can only change the date according to earlier suggestions.

Your feedback is very much appreciated though. I'll have this information shared to the team in charge.