Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: If the soft rubber on the camera gets scuffed is the camera no longer waterproof?

That's great to know! Any way to fix the tear, so it doesn't get worse?

Will be carefull while pulling the camera out. Could also have been avoided if the inner lip of the frame was not so sharp. Perhaps some feedback for the design team?

Thanks!
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: If the soft rubber on the camera gets scuffed is the camera no longer waterproof?

Hi @Anonymous, 

Anytime a customer contacts us we do take note of any sort of problem they run into and we do look over and analyze that data. If you would like to submit feedback as well, feel free to write to us at the webpage HERE

If that piece of rubber gets pulled, it could tear, so you want to be careful not to let that happen. If some part of it is exceedingly loose and free from the rest of the camera, I personally would snip it, but you really do want to be careful with that. The last thing you'll want to do is keep cutting or making that tear bigger. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

I've only used my camera a couple times and have been very carefull removing my camera from the case and it still cut the rubber. I felt the edge on the case and it is sharp not a soft rounded edge so this is the reason my rudder has been cut not me treating my roughly. I noticed gopro basically blamed the owner but really it is the quality and finish of the case the camera is deposited in. There should be a recall for this issue and I would like my camera replaced.

Highlighted
Adventurer

And my on & off is torn never abused and its torn    go figure  

Highlighted
Anonymous

Is there any spare parts which can be bought if that portion is scuffed? I experienced same too. The edge of the plastic case is the main cause of the issue.
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

There aren't parts specifically for the casing of the camera, but if you're concerned about your camera, our team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus may be able to suggest some other options.

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

Unfortunately, i am having the same issue. I just received my GoPro on Tuesday and already have damage to the exterior rubber on the Hero 5 Blk. It's the "3-Way Mount-Grip/Arm/Tripod" that caused the damage. Is there anything that can be done? I am going away this Sunday to Asia for 3 three weeks and was planning to use the GoPro for scuba diving. 

IMG-8700.JPG
Highlighted
Anonymous

Another pic

IMG-8699.JPG