Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

If I put the Battery when the camera is working by miniusb, the camera do not turn on

With a functional battery, the camera don’t work. If I connect miniusb power supply the camera works, but if I put the battery while the power supply is connected, the camera shuts down and don’t turn on.

Adventurer

Re: If I put the Battery when the camera is working by miniusb, the camera do not turn on

Have you  a fewdollars to buy a new battery?

Hiker

Re: If I put the Battery when the camera is working by miniusb, the camera do not turn on

If I say “functional battery” means that this battery works correctly in another gopro Hero 3.
Adventurer

Hero 3 usb port is working, the usb cable as well, the charging port all good, when you plug in without the battery it lights up when the Mode on is pressed,  Also via a computer the usb connection made?   Only when you insert a  battery it shuts down altogether and this problem came about when?  After an update? out of nowhere?

Are the pins  in the camera any way  bent, touching or dirt,  oxidized?

Hiker

The pins are good (no bent) and clean. Not oxided. The problem appeared after 6 months without use the camera (not update installed). No battery acid out of battery, so impossible inside the camera. The mode button not allows navigation inside gopro (only turn on and turn off)
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

@agilesurf64757 wrote:
The pins are good (no bent) and clean. Not oxided. The problem appeared after 6 months without use the camera (not update installed). No battery acid out of battery, so impossible inside the camera. The mode button not allows navigation inside gopro (only turn on and turn off)

Thanks .   the cosmetics are good, great   only other thing is maybe the internal bat is shot or a cap isstopping it from working, I call gopro  and see if the warranty covers any of it?  

photo is of a camera board not gopro camera board and they show a battery... in a circled red.

battery  cap.jpg

Hiker

I don’t have the purchase ticket so I think that could be repaired by technical service. Is it possible? Or a replacing service like apple or special price if you buy new one?
Adventurer

If you purchased at the Apple Store the yare quite good in  dealing with Customers, you can set up for a phone call and talk to them about  it.

If you purchased your camera from July of 2017 you are going t obe in warranty after July 2017 you are???? out of warranty, gopro will work with you on options their famous words for discounting on a newer model, as  the Hero 3 is no longer a  camera in production it's discontinued?

I  find what works best.  Apple, gopro,  a repair center  that fixes gopro's.