Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

If I buy the $349 Bundle as a gift. How do you give the 1yr subscription to the person getting gift?

[ New ]
I want to buy the $349 bundle as a gift. How can I transfer the 1year subscription to them? Seems like I get it because I paid for it. I just bought one bundle for myself. And I want to make a second transaction to buy one as a gift for my brother, but because I’m using my gopro account I don’t see the subscription included when I’m trying to buy a second gopro9. Any way I can purchase the exactl bundle deal with the 1yr subscription for $349, but make it so they receive the 1yr subscription to the gopro cloud app thingy? Any help would be appreciated
GoPro

Re: If I buy the $349 Bundle as a gift. How do you give the 1yr subscription to the person gettin...

[ New ]

Hello @miguela404. The GoPro subscription is tied to the email address used upon purchase or subscription. 

The Subscribe to GoPro Bundle discount applies to a new purchase of an annual subscription with GoPro combined to a purchase of a full-priced. This will not extend your existing subscription.

If you're already a subscriber and signed in to your account when you purchase the camera, the annual subscription is removed upon check out and the discount is applied to the camera.

If you need the GoPro subscription on a different account, you'll have to sign in to that account when purchasing the bundle.

Sightseer

Re: If I buy the $349 Bundle as a gift. How do you give the 1yr subscription to the person gettin...

[ New ]

>The GoPro subscription is tied to the email address used upon purchase or subscription.

I've bought a bundle as a gift for someone else. So to transfer the subscription to them, I would just need to change the email address to theirs, where they can set up a new password? Any issues with this method? Also, I bought it today, but it will be a Christmas present. Is there any way to suspend the subscription for a couple of months? Otherwise they will only get 10 months of the subscription.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @megant31332. You can change the email on your GoPro User Account as long as that email isn't already in use with another GoPro account. The email associated with the subscription will change along with the account.

However, a GoPro Subscription cannot be transferred from one account to another. This means that the other account shouldn't be associated with a GoPro Subscription as well.

As for suspending the subscription for a couple of months, this isn't possible since the subscription and its benefits start by the time you purchase it.

Hopefully, this answers your question. Let me know if you need further clarification regarding this.

Tourist

[ New ]

I interpret that you cannot purchase for someone else, unless they logon and purchase the camara themself.

Wow.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @sheehanuav

It is possible, you would just need to check on their preferred email address for the subscription.

You can change the email through Settings> User info> then click the pencil icon to edit.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

So this mean I cannot buy this as a gift for someone? 

Sightseer

[ New ]

aenriquez' responses seem to contradict themselves, so maybe you can clarify my similar situation. My wife bought me the Hero 9 bundle, which includes the $49 subscription. I have a GoPro account but no subscription. How can she transfer the subscription and all associated benefits and emails to me? Thank you.