Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

IOS App Unable to preview or download after 2.5 firmware

[ New ]

Since the new update I am not able to do a preview or download the pictures thru the IOS app since the latest 2.5 firmware. I keep getting something went wrong and please reset the IOS device.

I have already disconnected and reconnected the gopro from the phone and reset almost everything. Prior to the 2.5 update everything was fine.

GoPro

Re: IOS App Unable to preview or download after 2.5 firmware

[ New ]

Hi @vipercom

What phone are you using?

What version is the GoPro App on?

To help isolate the issue, kindly test if the same happens with a different phone.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hey @aragon1006 ,

Why would I try a different phone when the update caused the issue? I have one phone, and iPhone 12 pro with the latest IOS version on it. That is the same phone before the 2.5 update to my gopro Hero 8 and after. On top of this I have removed the camera from my phone and readded it and factory reset the camera and done the same thing with removibng it from the phone and started fresh. Still nothing, will not allow me to preview or download the pictures just liek it did the day before the 2.5 update. 

You have a bug in the Firmware! Take this from a senior software engineer that has done multiple sofware versioning system form distributed code. The only thing that changed in the past day was the update to 2.5, so where do you think the issue is? It ain't the phone!

Vipercom

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello anything? 
Do I have to call support for this?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @vipercom

We are just asking for information we can share with the team.

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the error?

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej