Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

I want to change how the GoPro Camera autonames files

I use multiple GoPro Cameras to record single events (think of a baseball pitcher and using 3 cameras for different agles of the same pitch).  Currently the Cameras all use the same nomenclature to name the files they save.  So when I download the files to my PC, I have to rename each file. otherwise it will be overwritten.  I would like to change the automatic file name from GoProXXXX,mp4 to something more meaningfull like RightCameraXXXX.mp4.  That way when it downloads, I know exactly what it is, and I don't run the risk of overwriting any files.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: I want to change how the GoPro Camera autonames files

Hi @swiftsand26322

How are you importing the files?

One suggestion is to import the files using an SD adapter.

Create a folder for each camera then copy the files.

Add these folders to Quik:

How to Add Media Folders in Quik for desktop

Let us know if this works for you.

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @swiftsand26322

How are you importing the files?

One suggestion is to import the files using an SD adapter.

Create a folder for each camera then copy the files.

Add these folders to Quik:

How to Add Media Folders in Quik for desktop

Let us know if this works for you.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

This works but is clunky. As if it were a work-around in the 90’s PC system.  I have multiple athletes I record. Each athlete is recorded with upto 6 cameras. So when I import the files to the athletes folders, the names all run together. At some point, I have to rename the files. 

All i I am asking is if there is a way GoPro can set it so I can have the file name the same as I name each camer with the 001 002 etc at the end. So I would have Frontabove001, or rightsidebelow001. Not two files named GoPro001. 

The the idea is to make it easier on me. Not add additional folders, steps and processes. 

Thanks