Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

I use a 20000mAH powerbank with GoPro8 and will only record video for 16 seconds (each time)

I have no problem recording when I use the 1 ft. cable that came with the camera but when I use a 6 ft. cable it will stop recording.  I have both 1A and 2.1A outputs on powerbank.  Is one better to use than the other and is the length of the cable (usb-A to usb-c) an issue ?

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: I use a 20000mAH powerbank with GoPro8 and will only record video for 16 seconds (each time)

Entferne de Akku, wenn Du die Kamera extern versorgst ...

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: I use a 20000mAH powerbank with GoPro8 and will only record video for 16 seconds (each time)

Certain cables may or may not work.  

Highlighted
Backpacker

1amp might be a bit low if your using high recording settings, but its a good chance your longer cable isn't thick enough & can't supply the power it needs

Highlighted
Nomad

Das ist mir kürzlich auch aufgefallen. Ein USB Kabel, welches bis 3A zum Schnelladen Geräte versorgen kann, aber 2m lang ist. DIe GoPro saugt dann den Akku leer und schaltet ab, obwohl diese über das Kabel versorgt wird.

Akku entfernen und schon funktioniert alles wie erwartet.

MIt dem kurzen Originalkabel gibt es auch mit Akku kein Problem.