Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

I thought we had it fixed.

[ New ]
Today’s PSA. Back in the middle of October I ordered 2 GoPro hero 8’s using their trade up promo. On 10/31 they received both of my old cameras for the trade. A couple of weeks later... I got the second ordered camera. I’ve called, chatted, emailed them for the last few weeks trying to straighten out why I’ve not received the first one. The other day after nearly an hour on the phone of not accepting the same thing they had been telling me for weeks they agreed to cancel the original order. They actually told me that the reason I hadn’t got my first order was because they were “out of stock”. They eventually gave me a code to order another camera that would essentially equal the original deal. I ordered the camera and the code worked. Today after checking my CC statement, GoPro has charged me for 4 cameras. They shipped the replacement order. They didn’t cancel the original order.... and shipped it too. To add insult to injury they charged me for a 4 camera out of nowhere. Their cameras are awesome. Their customer service is inept, incompetent, dishonest, and just downright atrocious.
Please feel free to share this and encourage others to also. I don’t know what else to do.
Hiker

Re: I thought we had it fixed.

[ New ]
Thing's I've learned dealing with GoPro's "customer service":
1. Whoever you are having a conversation with can not solve your issue(s). It doesn't matter if it's by phone or chat.
2. Their team is waiting to hear from another team and will follow up with you.
3. They will straight up lie. They will not follow up. You will have to make contact with them.
4. If someone from GoPro gives you a # to call on facebook, that # will not work.
5.They will lie again. They will tell you they haven't shipped your order because it's "out of stock" for the program they offered you.
6. They will suggest you cancel the first order and give you a coupon for a similar but different deal. A deal they can ship from. They will recommend you place an order using that program.
7. If they tell you they canceled an order, they didn't. They will ship the order they told you was canceled. You know, the one that was "out of stock".
8. They will charge you for the canceled order that was "out of stock" and couldn't ship but did.
9. You will call them about the above issues and the cycle begins again...
GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the order issue, @micah2074. It would be best to continue working with our Support team to get the issue sorted. You may reach them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . 

Hiker

[ New ]
What other option do I have? The people on the phone are no help. The people you chat with are no help. You’re support “team” is always waiting to hear back from a different “team”. Despite constant apologies, promises, and guarantees...Not once, remember I placed my original order back in October, has any of your “teams” made contact with me. I have to continually contact you. Now I have a significant charge on my CC for what you told me was canceled. I’m going to have to pay off or I’ll incur interest charges. Because of your mistakes, that’s $350 that I shouldn’t have to pay for something you told me was out of stock and couldn’t get at Christmas time.
So, yeah...I’ll continue “work” with your team(s). Because I’m the only one that seems to be working on the problems and it’s the only option I have.