Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

I need to send this command to my camera through microSD OR USB

Hello, I need to send a specific command (explained below [*]) to my GoPro Hero 5 Black via USB or microSD only. It is not possible to use Wifi, because it is off (the cause is explained here).

So, the command is kind of these commads (but they are issued via Wifi.).  I believe that the HTTP form of these commads is just wrapper for these commands, so it is not neccessary to send them via HTTP. In fact, I think (but it only my doubt) it is even impossible to send them in HTTP form via USB OR via microSD card.

[*] Well , I want to send the equivalent of this one particlar command:  http://10.5.5.9/gp/gpControl/setting/72/1 . I write "the equivalent" because the HTTP form of the command is applicable via Wifi, but as I wrote above, Wifi is Off, so i need to use USB or microSD. (The wifi method is clear;  The  microSD method doen't seem, but the some GoPro cameras do interpret *.ash files or cal.txt file in the root of SD. The second submethod of the microSD is something like firmware update, that would just issue that command instead of updating FW, but it is impossible for me because I am unable to build like-firmware files...)

So  is it  possible to issue the commands in the list on the camera by any of theses methods (via USB cable and via some file oh the microSD card that would the camera load and interpret)?

FYI, The commad above does this thing : it enables the display (rear color touchscreen)

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: I need to send this command to my camera through microSD OR USB

Hi

GoPro software is closed source (propretary) so they won't give you an answer or indications for this. What you can do is to join GoPro developer program (I do not think it is free) - maybe they will give some indications in the API documentation

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

Re: I need to send this command to my camera through microSD OR USB

Hi

GoPro software is closed source (propretary) so they won't give you an answer or indications for this. What you can do is to join GoPro developer program (I do not think it is free) - maybe they will give some indications in the API documentation