Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

I need to return a mic adapter

[ New ]

I bought your Pro 3.5MM Mic Adapter, but didn't realize that there was a new adapter that was designed for the GoPro 9. So, I go through your return form, and when I enter my order number, I get an error that my order is not found. Seems like you guys are implementing some dark patterns in your site, but anyway, just please email me and let me know what I need to do to return the mic adapter that I mistakenly bought and get a credit so I can buy the accessory that works better with the GoPro 9.

GoPro

Re: I need to return a mic adapter

[ New ]

Hello @masondjd19. The Pro 3.5MM Mic Adapter is compatible with the HERO9 Black. There's no new version or model of Mic Adapter released.

Please make sure that the latest firmware update is installed in the GoPro camera. If you haven't yet, using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229

For further reference, see External Microphone Recommendations.

Let us know if anything else comes up.

Tourist

Re: I need to return a mic adapter

[ New ]

OK, I wasn't sure because I thought I saw another add on that included mic input and other features for the 9, but if that adapter will work, sounds good.