Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

I have imported my files not with GoPro App or Quick and i can't localise it.

[ New ]

Hello,
I went on a trip recently and I used my GoPro a lot, so I had to empty his memory regularly and when I give the Quick software on PC the address where he can find my GoPro files he finds them but it is impossible to locate videos and images. I do not know how to do it but I hope it's recoverable.

Thank you in advance.

GoPro

Re: I have imported my files not with GoPro App or Quick and i can't localise it.

[ New ]

Hello @theicemagmacube. This article will help you locate your files on your computer. The file naming convention might help with searching for them as well. 

Tourist

Re: I have imported my files not with GoPro App or Quick and i can't localise it.

[ New ]

Hello,

I not talking about the localisation of files in the computer, i wan't say how to localise files WITH GPS when ou have not using the GoPro App for transfer files.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @theicemagmacube

Are you trying to extract GPS information from the files?

Thanks!

Ej

Explorer

[ New ]
If GPS was enabled on the camera and satellites acquired before recording began, then the GPS information is stored in the media files metadata. You can use the Quik Desktop app (go into edit mode not create), Dashware, or RaceRender to retreive the GPS information. There is also this discussion on extracting GPS information https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Metadata-Visualization/Extracting-the-metadata-in-a-useful-form...
Tourist

[ New ]

Nono,

I have take some videos, and i have tranfered it WITHOUT the GoPro App/Software, and when i take this file, taken from the GoPro with SD Card and transfered to a external HDD, Quik can't use the GPS and i can't also use the indicators.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @theicemagmacube

To isolate the issue further, would you mind transferring the file via the GoPro App (mobile) and see if you'd be able to add GPS stickers.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello,

I have try to do that with the Quick App in PC and the software see it's something and the card but say "Nothing to import" ... but i have tried to copy the file into DCIM folder in the Camera.

Thank.

Can you give some instructions ?