Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

I have a problem with the quality of my video when I edit after export

I have a problem with the quality of my video when I edit after export it is not as good as the original rush I don't know why
I'm filming with a GoPro hero 8 black

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Betreff: I have a problem with the quality of my video when I edit after export

The problem is with your export settings.  It's not enough to say "I'm exporting at 1080P @ 60FPS"  You also need to take into account the codec you are using and the bit rate you are using.

For instance if you are using a preset for youtube that's built in, already you are using a lower quality codec that youtube can compress more easily and quickly.  The presets usually aren't there to give you the optimal quality for the service but instead give you the optimal processing speed for uploading.  

Once your video has been saved, YouTube will still try to compress your clip again using it's own algorithems and this will reduce your quality even further.

Your best bet is to select export at the highest quality you can with a high bit rate.  Depending on your video editor, you will be best served by looking at the forums belonging to that video editor to find the best settings for your project.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: I have a problem with the quality of my video when I edit after export

Check your  editor, see if you got the  render set up correctly, if you are  shooting 4K footage, make sure you  have the 4K footage, by checking the properties, you can be on LRV files, never know. we all simply make mistakes.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @activetree716,,

Check your export settings.

There might be some settings that affects the quality of the exported videos.

Regards,

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes my settings is good I make my video in 1080 full HD 60fps and medium view and I export in MP4 1080 full HD 60fps. I edit my video on the movie maker filmora 9
The quality stay bad I don't know why
Highlighted
GoPro

@activetree716, I suggest that you check with Filmora9 message boards or even with their Support Team directly to get more specific details about this.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have exactly the same problem! I film with 1080 60fps.

I edit with Davincci Resolve 15.

The video turns really bad when I export to youtube.

The only possibility to get super image after export is using high resolution, but then the file is gigantic and I can not share.

I tried even 1st exporting to high quality and then importing the high quality in a new timeline and exporting again, unfortunatelly with no success!

What can be happening?

I would really appreciate some help because it is very disapointing to film super viedos and then getting bad exports.

Regards,

Ricardo

Highlighted
Nomad

The problem is with your export settings.  It's not enough to say "I'm exporting at 1080P @ 60FPS"  You also need to take into account the codec you are using and the bit rate you are using.

For instance if you are using a preset for youtube that's built in, already you are using a lower quality codec that youtube can compress more easily and quickly.  The presets usually aren't there to give you the optimal quality for the service but instead give you the optimal processing speed for uploading.  

Once your video has been saved, YouTube will still try to compress your clip again using it's own algorithems and this will reduce your quality even further.

Your best bet is to select export at the highest quality you can with a high bit rate.  Depending on your video editor, you will be best served by looking at the forums belonging to that video editor to find the best settings for your project.