Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

I have a new Hero 7 Black battery

I have a new never used Hero 7 Black, initial charge ( Dell lap top) has been going for 8 plus hours now and the indicator light is still red and on?  What my next step?  Thanks for the advise.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: I have a new Hero 7 Black battery

@blueskyy140, it may take longer for the camera to fully charge the battery if you will be using your computer's USB port. You can use your mobile device's wall plug as long as the output is 5V 2A. You can get more information about the recommended chargers for GoPro cameras here.

Once the camera is charged up, initially set it up and follow the prompts to get it connected to the GoPro App on your mobile device. The app will tell you if there's any available update for your camera. For reference, you also can pair your camera with the app using the step-by-step instructions here.

If in case the Over the Air (OTA) update through GoPro App fails to install, you can follow the manual update instructions specified on this article: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Adventurer

I unplug the camera. LEDs go out. Or stayed on. Check if it charged and how much.
The charger can be a 1.2A or higher and will charge in 3 hours to full. The laptop ports will take up to 5 hours

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

@blueskyy140, it may take longer for the camera to fully charge the battery if you will be using your computer's USB port. You can use your mobile device's wall plug as long as the output is 5V 2A. You can get more information about the recommended chargers for GoPro cameras here.

Once the camera is charged up, initially set it up and follow the prompts to get it connected to the GoPro App on your mobile device. The app will tell you if there's any available update for your camera. For reference, you also can pair your camera with the app using the step-by-step instructions here.

If in case the Over the Air (OTA) update through GoPro App fails to install, you can follow the manual update instructions specified on this article: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras 

Highlighted
Adventurer

I unplug the camera. LEDs go out. Or stayed on. Check if it charged and how much.
The charger can be a 1.2A or higher and will charge in 3 hours to full. The laptop ports will take up to 5 hours

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you