Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

I have a hero 6 black that freezes

My Hero 6 black randomly freezes up if I don't use it for a couple of minutes. It is an intermittent issue and the only fix is to pull the battery out and then re-power it up. The software is up to date. Any recommedations would be appreciated. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: I have a hero 6 black that freezes

Hi @sean4817

If a camera is freezing up, it is usually an indicator the camera's software needs to be updated or there is potentially an issue with the microSD being used.

Try removing the SD card and see if the camera still freezes up. If it no longer freezes, then the issue is likely stemming from the SD card.

What SD card are you using?

Though your camera is running on the latest firmware, we recommend doing a manual update.

This is to correct any issues encountered on the previous installation.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: I have a hero 6 black that freezes

Hi @sean4817

If a camera is freezing up, it is usually an indicator the camera's software needs to be updated or there is potentially an issue with the microSD being used.

Try removing the SD card and see if the camera still freezes up. If it no longer freezes, then the issue is likely stemming from the SD card.

What SD card are you using?

Though your camera is running on the latest firmware, we recommend doing a manual update.

This is to correct any issues encountered on the previous installation.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej