Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

I have a big, darkish, transparent spot on my recordings!

Hello.

I have a Gopro Hero 5. I use it primarily on ski vacations. This year though I have notised a big, dark, blueish transparent spot on my recordings! It is very visible on recordings made on ski slopes when the landscape is white. I have just testet recordings from last year, and they are there as well?!? 

It looks like there are some very small bubbles inside the lens!! How's that posible??

Kind regards 

John

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: I have a big, darkish, transparent spot on my recordings!

the lens is removable the lens protector, try cleaning  it correctly and try a test shot again, hop that helps.  My Sony point-n-shoot has a spot so when I zoom in its noticable I must send it in as its not removable the lens barrel. so  at least the hero 7, 6, 5 are not the hero 8, Hero 4 .  right?

Highlighted
Nomad

Can you post some photo's or links to the video's showing the artifacts?  We may be able to help see what the issue is.

Highlighted
Tourist

This is very, very embarrassingly!!

I have found the error! It wasn't the camera - it is the screen on my Mac!  

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience!!

Highlighted
Nomad

No worries, these things happen, this is why we usually ask for photo's or video's of the footage, in case the problem is only visible on the users own PC (usually indicating a pc or monitor issue).  Hope you have fun with your camera and shoot some excellent footage!