Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

I have a Hero3- it won't link with wifi on iphone and ipad. It keeps saying password is incorrect

[ Edited ]

I have now reset the wifi 5 times. I know it is updating because I've changed the name of the camera, but it still keeps saying 'password incorrect' or 'unable to join the network'. I'm ready to throw it in the bin and buy a different brand. Please help!!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: I have a Hero3 and it won't link with wifi. It keeps saying password is incorrect but it isn't.

@Anonymous - Have you tried resetting the password on the camera? Instructions are at https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/How-to-Reset-the-Camera-s-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password. That may help, as well as turning on and off the wifi and the bluetooth on your phone.

Thanks,
Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: I have a Hero3 and it won't link with wifi. It keeps saying password is incorrect but it isn't.

@Anonymous - Have you tried resetting the password on the camera? Instructions are at https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/How-to-Reset-the-Camera-s-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password. That may help, as well as turning on and off the wifi and the bluetooth on your phone.

Thanks,
Jeff

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the same problem and have reset and updated the camera multiple times using every process I can find.

I've tried resets and the default password won't work.

I've tried updating (changing) the camera name and password and it won't work.

I've forgotten all networks on my device with both of the above and it won't work.

As cool as the GoPro is, using it is a huge PITA.