Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

I have a Gopro hero 4 silver and the battery leaked and now the camera is ruined

I bought my camera for a four month trip to Australia, particularly for filming the Barrier Reef.  I took it out of its case and found that the camera was white!  When I opened the battery compartment, the battery had leaked and now the camera is useless.  I never got to film the Reef!  I noticed that when the camera was switched on prior to this disaster, it got hot very quickly.  This has been a very expensive loss and a great disappointment.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: I have a Gopro hero 4 silver and the battery leaked and now the camera is ruined

[ Edited ]

Hi @lenie58

I am really sorry to hear about what happened. While water damaged cameras are normally not covered by the standard warranty, we still want to look into what happened. Please coordinate with our Support Team regarding this. As each incident is treated uniquely, they may ask you for pictures of the camera and/or casing that was used and other additional information to help us determine what we can do to extend our help.

You may reach them via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: I have a Gopro hero 4 silver and the battery leaked and now the camera is ruined

[ Edited ]

Hi @lenie58

I am really sorry to hear about what happened. While water damaged cameras are normally not covered by the standard warranty, we still want to look into what happened. Please coordinate with our Support Team regarding this. As each incident is treated uniquely, they may ask you for pictures of the camera and/or casing that was used and other additional information to help us determine what we can do to extend our help.

You may reach them via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards,

Ej