Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

I get a spot, large as 5 cent coin in the top middle of most of my pictures taken in daylight, Hero5

My hero 5 shows a white / semiwhite circle in the top middle of most pictures taken outdoors.

GOPR0264for upload.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer

Re: I get a spot, large as 5 cent coin in the top middle of most of my pictures taken in daylight, H

I hear ya  lens flare  can happen    you do not need to be in direct  view of the Sun. what causes it is the  refletion on the Sensor.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

Re: I get a spot, large as 5 cent coin in the top middle of most of my pictures taken in daylight, H

[ Edited ]

Called a lens flare, solve it but not getting the Sun  reflecting, or  a lens hood. 

Tourist

I seem to get it even when I have the sun in my back. 

Adventurer

I hear ya  lens flare  can happen    you do not need to be in direct  view of the Sun. what causes it is the  refletion on the Sensor.

Sightseer

I am getting the same problem in clear day, in both pictures and videos, and it is really annoying! There is no physical solution for this problem rather than staying away from sun?? GoPro should have thought of this issue, why to have GoPro then to shoot activities outside if this is what will get in a clear sunny day?!

Adventurer

get a lens hood or filter