Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

I get a Micro Sd error when diving but works on land

[ New ]

Can you think of a reason to get a  SD error under water but ok on land. Camera is dry.

GoPro

Re: I get a Micro Sd error when diving but works on land

[ New ]

Hello @toughhero514. By any chance, do you get the same problem when using different microSD cards (if available)?

Also, what's the SD card used?

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi,
I often get that same problem : Ok on land but SD Card Error while diving. At first I tought it was because of the cold water temperature but I didn't get the problem in the cold days of winter. Last january, I got the problem diving in San Andrès.

Most of the time it happens I turn off the camera and restart it and it is ok until I return it on again and that the problem occurs again.

A few times I could not get around the problem with this trick and could not turn it off at all. At this time the screen was on and kind of black. SInce this happens mostly at the beginning of my dive, it stayed on until the batery has been exausted. When this happens, time, date and all settings are lost. I have tried many SD card types, all are listed in the compatibility list. I have tried to reset the settings without success. Is there a way to reload the firmware even if it has the latest version ? Thanks
Eric

Hero 4 Silver

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @foggystoke15881

What SD card are you using?

Please go over the steps for a manual update.

https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero4

Thanks!

Ej