Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

I feel like i've been robbed.

[ New ]

On saturday i ordered a GoPro bundle from your website. I bought the £379 bundle that includes the gopro, subscrition to cloud, extra battery, 32gb SD card, the Handle and magnetic swivel clip. I chose this over the £329 bundle that only includes extra battery, but a 64gb SD card twice the capacity of the card with the more expensive bundle. Buy either bundle gets you 50% off any original GOPRO accessory from their online store, up to 10 items a year. 

The next day i was looking through the store, and started to realise that if i had purchased the cheaper bundle with the higher capacity SD card, i could have bought the extra accessories at 50% and saved myself at least £10. 

When i purchased the bundle i was obviously given an order number, I tried to request a return/refund online with your automated service, and i also got in touch with a customer service representative. Firstly i'm flabbergasted to understand why your customer service reps cannot cancel orders, or even contact or put me through to the order teams. I requested cancellation, as i intended to do just what i pointed out. Cancel and re-order the cheaper bundle. 

I was told they had to send a request to the order teams for cancellation. The customer service representative told me that he couldn't give an answer to how long this would take, to verify and cancel and order. I jokingly stated around 6months before they cancel the order. He joked backed that hopefully it wouildnt take that long. I then stated 3months?, he said he didnt know. I cancelled anyway.

That was all done at 830am UK time yesterday Monday 23 Jan 2021. I even got an email stating that a cancellation request had been placed and sent to the order team. 

Yesterday afternoon, i was sent an invoice and confirmation of it being dispatched to my address. This email arrived 6 to 7 hours after my cancellation request. Worse I now understand from this dispatch notification that the order number is entirely different changed from an MP *********** order number to an SP ********** order number. My cancellation request was obviously in the original  order number. 

What on earth is going on with this company? How can you sell bundles on your main page when basic bundle and buying accessories  seperately on your website it works out cheaper than the more expensive bundle?

Why do i have multiple order numbers?

Heres my order numbers by the way. This was the original confirmation of order email; Order # MP-04644809 and also the order number listed in both the online cancellation and confirmatory email of request for cancellation. (Why is it a request for cancellation? and not a confirmation of cancellation?)

Heres the order number you sent me yesterday afternoon and today confirming dispatch: Order #SO-4608285  

Please help me in understanding what is wrong with your company and the way it treats customers?

Tourist

Re: I feel like i've been robbed.

[ New ]

The bundle just arrived this morning at 830am. The item now has another order number; #IF-5451261 please let me know what is going on?

Nomad

[ New ]

I would like to see an reaction from Nick Woodman or anyone who have a share in this company.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @darrenp1702. Sorry to hear about the order issue. The order numbers that you received pertain to the same order. There are different numbers to identify which stage of the ordering process the order was in. MP identifies an order upon your submission through the website. SO marks an order processed in the internal ordering system. IF indicates that the order has been fulfilled by the warehouse.

The order was not confirmed to be canceled. The email you received specified the request to cancel being sent. Once an order is submitted, no more changes could be done to it. This includes canceling the order. If you prefer to not continue with the order, you may return it through this process so a refund could be issued. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi mariustanya, fair enough about the cancellation, still dont see why this could not have been done in such an established company but again fair enough. The difference in prices though is another matter. You should inform customers that buying the highest priced bundle that we're led to believe is a good deal as a package is actually a trap for customers to be dealt an unfair hand. Like i stated if i had bought the basic bundle, and there are only 2 on the website, which includes only the subscription, extra battery and 64gb SD card, and then gone on to buy the same extras as the more expensive bundle, then i would have saved myself more money. 

You should at least amend your bundle prices to reflect the better option.