Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

I don't understand the Time Lapse on GoPro Hero

Hello guys, recently i did a timelapse with my GoPro Hero (the 4th gen cheapest one) and when it ended i got over 10 000 pictures and no videos... Does it mean that I have to use a editing software and do my timelapse by myself ?
Thanks for your answers

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: I don't understand the Time Lapse on GoPro Hero

Yes. the way you did it  Photo mode,  makes a photo.  You can use gopro studio if I would make 10 folders 1000 photo per folder and work on 1 folder at a time, b/c 10K photo will crash the  program.

You canuse a 3rd party editor, and you can now work on each photo color correct it etc....  and you can then create your video.

If the camera has a timelapse mode that is where video will be made,   gopro created it later on and oneof the best things they did to conserve time and space....

So yes you need to edit in a program editor to make a video and correctly add speed, etc, and render.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

Yes. the way you did it  Photo mode,  makes a photo.  You can use gopro studio if I would make 10 folders 1000 photo per folder and work on 1 folder at a time, b/c 10K photo will crash the  program.

You canuse a 3rd party editor, and you can now work on each photo color correct it etc....  and you can then create your video.

If the camera has a timelapse mode that is where video will be made,   gopro created it later on and oneof the best things they did to conserve time and space....

So yes you need to edit in a program editor to make a video and correctly add speed, etc, and render.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Oof.
Ok ! Thanks for your answer ;)
Highlighted
Adventurer

good luck

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @epicbluff60765,

If you do not have the GoPro Studio application from before (as this app has already been retired) you can use iMovie if you are using a Mac, or VSDC for Windows (http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor/download) to edit your time lapse photos. 

Thanks, 
Marius