Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

I'd honestly Thin 1.9 For Hero 7 is the problem

[ New ]

Now, I did post early about an issue that now accord after updating to 1.9 yesterday and I was Livestreaming yesterday on Youtube just fine and this afternoon until the app completely stops and disconnected from the APP. now the app doesn't see the action camera and when it does at times, it will disconnect again and it will not be found. so I factory reset my iPhone X and still, the problem is still there. The camera is getting warm to the touch in idle which is very odd. I can't use a GoPro Hero 7 Black, live streaming again. Doesn't seem like GoPro care at this time. So many issues accord after 1.9 and they still from the date of release which is Nov 2019, fix any of the issues. 

Today I am so upset because I only have this model for 5-6 days and already I want to trash this camera. The reason why I am also saying this, past experience with the GoPro Hero 6 Black and didn't like how camera will not respond to commands or work correctly when I needed to. As a photographer that does POV videos and use gear, I'd have to say GoPro you never impressed me yet and still, the issue still are among users having an issue with UPDATE1.9 

Link to video to see what happens - https://youtu.be/z7AqkJ1AGhU

Overheating #GoProHero7Now the GoPro Hero doesn't want to connect to the phone or work at all after having it for a week. This is why I didn't want to buy t...

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: I'd honestly Thin 1.9 For Hero 7 is the problem

[ New ]

Hi @thepandaphoto @quickmesa73034 @rick9k

Sorry for any trouble caused.

If you have gone through the steps on https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Camera-Freezes-Up/ta-p/393032  and it's still the same, the best path forward is to reach out to our Support Team. 

You may submit a request for a callback through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, or initiate a chat session with one of our representatives.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

Same issues here man. Bought a H7B a few weeks back and I've not been this disappointed in a peice of new tech gear for a long long time. I'm even mad at myself for buying it. If I had enough money the H7B would already be in the garbage and I'd move to another brand. 

Anyway, with that said, I experienced exactly the same as you. Camera gets hot when I'm not even filming and it's sat there doing nothing but switched on. After 5-10 minutes it gets noticably hot. After 15 minutes of me doing nothing but playing with settings it's very very hot. So hot that I switch it off and let it cool down just as a precaution. Add to that the battery life which has been so bad it's barely believable. Yesterday I got 25% battery drain after filming for 3-4 minutes ! Also yesterday the camera wouldn't even turn on for a period of 5 minutes, then eventually did come back on. 

Same issues with the app, which I find unusable. Connecting is such an incredibly frustrating experience that I decided yesterday not to even use it anymore. Same as you, my phone is right next to camera and the app/phone can never find the H7B. I try and try, and after 5-10 attempts I give up. 

Sorry GoPro. After all these years producing cameras, how on earth can you still be geting it so badly wrong and delivering us garbage like this ? 

As it is, this is likely the last GoPro I will ever buy. My Hero 4 Session is way better than the H7B because it actually works. I did also have constant issues connecting the Session to the app too, but everything else worked and the battery was great. Should have never upgraded. 

Hiker

[ New ]

I bought the h7b when it was released for live streaming, it never worked properly.

I tried for a year to get it to work, I even had a sit down session face to face with a gopro rep cause he was going to "show me how to livestresm with it" ... well he couldn't even get a livestream started in the 50 minutes he tried too and then gave up.

Gopro would not even acknowledge this issue EVER. I eventually got my money back for the stupid thing.

I suggest you do not even put another minute into this and return your camera, it will not work properly, gopro will not acknowledge the problems , and I doubt they will ever fix it.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @thepandaphoto @quickmesa73034 @rick9k

Sorry for any trouble caused.

If you have gone through the steps on https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Camera-Freezes-Up/ta-p/393032  and it's still the same, the best path forward is to reach out to our Support Team. 

You may submit a request for a callback through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, or initiate a chat session with one of our representatives.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Ej, Let's be real right now. this is just unacceptable after owning it for a week. GoPro needs to act now and fix the issues or take the product of selves because people are NOT getting what they paid for.