Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

I cannot connect my gopro app on my GalaxyS 7 to my Hero5 Session. Wifi continues to disconnect.

[ New ]

I cannot connect my gopro app on my GalaxyS 7 to my Hero5 Session. Wifi continues to disconnect. I read one place that I have to "acknowledge" that the wifi and bluetooth cannot be connected simultaneously, but there were no instructions on what to do about it.

Jim

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: I cannot connect my gopro app on my GalaxyS 7 to my Hero5 Session. Wifi continues to disconnect.

[ New ]

Hello @jimmymac1951

Thank you for the information that you provided. The Wi-Fi disconnecting might be an issue with the camera firmware. To get rid of any possible error, try manually updating your HERO5 Session camera, before pairing it with the app again. Please see below for instructions: 

1. Go to the Update page: HERO5 Session.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your serial number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Make sure that your camera is fully charged and that the SD card is formatted prior to updating. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: I cannot connect my gopro app on my GalaxyS 7 to my Hero5 Session. Wifi continues to disconnect.

[ New ]

Hello @jimmymac1951

Thank you for the information that you provided. The Wi-Fi disconnecting might be an issue with the camera firmware. To get rid of any possible error, try manually updating your HERO5 Session camera, before pairing it with the app again. Please see below for instructions: 

1. Go to the Update page: HERO5 Session.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your serial number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Make sure that your camera is fully charged and that the SD card is formatted prior to updating. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks, 
Marius