Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

I can view my videos on the gopro itself but when i plug micro SD into computer the files don't show

[ New ]

Not sure why this is happening but really want the footage off of my gopro.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: I can view my videos on the gopro itself but when i plug micro SD into computer the files don...

[ New ]

@jaredh777. A recording in 4K, 60fps uses HEVC. See if your computers (those you have used for testing so far) meet the system requirements needed to view such files. 

Also, just to isolate the issue further, see if you can view your GoPro media through the GoPro app for mobile. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: I can view my videos on the gopro itself but when i plug micro SD into computer the files don...

[ New ]

@jaredh777, are you using an SD card adapter/reader to directly connect your microSD card into your computer? Try using a different adapter. Also, if available, try with a different computer to further isolate the issue.

Tourist

[ New ]

I usued a different adapter on a different computer and on the same computer and had no luck. I can still view the videos on the gopro itself however

GoPro

[ New ]

@jaredh777. The files may not playback but is your computer able to detect the files at all? Which media player are you using? Would you recall what resolution settings were used when you did the recording? Are you getting any error message on your computer when you insert the SD card? 

Tourist

[ New ]

I was recording in 4K 60fps, no detection at all, no error message. I am opening them in the files tab and have tried to acces through adobe preiemre but the fuiles arent detected at all. 

GoPro

[ New ]

@jaredh777. A recording in 4K, 60fps uses HEVC. See if your computers (those you have used for testing so far) meet the system requirements needed to view such files. 

Also, just to isolate the issue further, see if you can view your GoPro media through the GoPro app for mobile.