Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

I can't view media on hero 5 black

[ New ]

when i swipe to view my media on my GoPro Hero5 Black it gets stuck "loading" and freezes. i have to remove the battery to get the camera to work again. still happening after i did a factory reset on the camera

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: I can't view media on hero 5 black

[ New ]

Hi @spirypike42847

If a camera is freezing up, it is usually an indicator the camera's software needs to be updated or there is potentially an issue with the microSD being used. What SD card do you have?

Try removing the SD card and see if the camera still freezes up. If it no longer freezes, then the issue is likely stemming from the SD card. Here's some information on SD card recommendations.  

If it's still freezing even without the SD card, please do a manual software update.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @spirypike42847

If a camera is freezing up, it is usually an indicator the camera's software needs to be updated or there is potentially an issue with the microSD being used. What SD card do you have?

Try removing the SD card and see if the camera still freezes up. If it no longer freezes, then the issue is likely stemming from the SD card. Here's some information on SD card recommendations.  

If it's still freezing even without the SD card, please do a manual software update.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

i am using a 64GB SanDisk Ultra Plus, it was purchased from costco if that makes a difference. i swapped it out for another one of the same card and i can view the media on it. so im thinking that the card is the issue. thank you for the advice. looks like i need a better micro SD card

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @spirypike42847,

Thank you for considering the list of recommended SD cards. Stay stoked and have fun capturing sights and scenes with your GoPro!

Cheers, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

UPDATE:

so after purchasing the microSD card that was suggested to me on the GoPro site (SanDisk Extreme 64GB) i am still having the same issue. ive done a manual update on both the Quik app and my Hero5 camera. i used to be able to still take the files off of my camera but now Quik doesnt want to import them from the camera to the computer. when i click import it keeps flashing and wont ever do anything. what are some options that i have now? i really love my GoPro but now i cant even get my videos off of it :(

Tourist

[ New ]

UPDATE:

so after purchasing the microSD card that was suggested to me on the GoPro site (SanDisk Extreme 64GB) i am still having the same issue. ive done a manual update on both the Quik app and my Hero5 camera. i used to be able to still take the files off of my camera but now Quik doesnt want to import them from the camera to the computer. when i click import it keeps flashing and wont ever do anything. what are some options that i have now? i really love my GoPro but now i cant even get my videos off of it :(

Nomad

[ New ]

Hello,

I used to have this problem until I updated my firmware. Try doing an update and see what happens. A new SD is a good upgrade too.

Tourist

[ New ]

when you say firmware what exactly are you reffering to? ive updated both the camera and the app on my computer. i aslo have already purchased a new SD card off the recomended list from the GoPro site. so i dont really know what else to do :(