Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

I can't see the media that i imported

[ New ]

Hello,

I am trying to import all the media from my gopro 4 black to the computer, but I have a lot of problems.
There are many photos showing it with a resolution of 160-120 px. In other cases, I can't see the photo and it shows me the message "Unable to read the file header! Unknown file format. File empty / damaged or file not found". The same goes for videos, which I can't see. All videos are 256kb in size and impossible to watch. Any suggestion that can help me?

Thank you

video.png

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: I can't see the media that i imported

[ New ]

Make sure you're not trying to open the THM files (thumbnail files) as these are tiny preview images and not your actual photo's.  256K is far too small to store any video information.  I would make sure that you don't have a faulty SD card that's causing storage issues.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

Re: I can't see the media that i imported

[ New ]

Make sure you're not trying to open the THM files (thumbnail files) as these are tiny preview images and not your actual photo's.  256K is far too small to store any video information.  I would make sure that you don't have a faulty SD card that's causing storage issues.