Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

I can't pull out the lens and twist off, It seems stuck. I can't pull the lens.

Still getting familiar with my Go Pro.(my first one) Tried to take the lens off.  I can't seem to pull the lens so I can twist off. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Hiker

Re: I can't pull out the lens and twist off, It seems stuck. I can't pull the lens.

There are videos on YouTube that will show you how. 

Tourist

Re: I can't pull out the lens and twist off, It seems stuck. I can't pull the lens.

I have seen them. Pulling the lens is where I have a problem. I can't seem to pull hte lens so I can twist it off.

Nomad

What model camera do you have?  Only the GoPro Hero 5 black, 6 Black and 7 Black have a removable lens cover.

Tourist

Have Hero 7 Black

Nomad

So here's a video that explains how to remove the cap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZONvHRBplA

I just tried this with a GoPro Hero 6 Black and I did experience some difficulty, it's very hard to remove the lens cover (and for a very good reason, it's there to protect the lens and keep the camera water tight).  I found that I had to dig my nails in slightly under each side to make to move the lens cover our a small bit (to make the tiniest of gaps) before the lens cover would rotate and remove.  

Tourist

Thanks for responding guys. I was finally able to pull and twist it off. Yes it seemed to be stuck but I'm OK now. It just seemed stuck. I had to use a lot of force to take it off. Anyway, thanks for your feedback!