Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

I can't import 4k videos from GoPro Hero 6 to Premiere Pro

I just got my new GoPro Hero 6, and I was really excited about 4k videos and high frame rate. But I had some problem when I was trying to edit my shoots in Premiere Pro.

I imported the video files into the Premiere Pro, but the program only showed it as an audio file.

It works when I am recording in 1080p (60 fps, 120 fps, 240fps) or 2.7k (30 fps, 60fps). (Or lower.)
But it doesn't work (only shows audio file) when I am recording in 2.7k (120fps) or 4k (with any frame rate).

And the same in After Effects.

Is there any way to fix it.
This is so frustrating.

Thanks for any help!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: I can't import 4k videos from GoPro Hero 6 to Premiere Pro

Hi @vadonpeti and @josefs7807

Please make sure that your Premiere Pro supports HEVC and your device should be capable of playing HEVC.

You may contact Adobe to confirm.

Best Regards, 

-Jay 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

4K 60

4K 4:3

2.7K 120

1080P 240

=> HEVC

So,use PR CC 2018

Sightseer

same here 

so frustating that equipment worth of hundereds of Euros is not compatible for after processing. GoPro is company run by amateurs and as a such will find own end soon. Hope guys from china come up with eaqul action camera and then we all will shich. Meanwhile hope some smart dude will come up with some solution and let us know. 

For the money GoPro is taking from us this should be priority NO 1 as i said - **bleep** company same as Apple 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @vadonpeti and @josefs7807

Please make sure that your Premiere Pro supports HEVC and your device should be capable of playing HEVC.

You may contact Adobe to confirm.

Best Regards, 

-Jay