Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

I can't get onto chat because you're always busy and I'm Deaf. Your move.

[ New ]

I am pretty --bleep-- pissed off.

I bought the GoPro Hero 8 to complete a large contract that required film work. The box was a nightmare to open, the app on the phone took hours to finally get to connect so I could control it and view what I was filming (myself for Auslan for the GOVERMENT) and the final kicker? I can't even transfer the files because after three hours of googling it appears you do not support USB 3.0. My modern gaming laptop only has that. And no, using a card reader is unacceptable, I don't want to have to open it every single time. 

So, resignedly, I go to support and write an email ticket. It doesn't seem to even have sent, I can't see the option to click "Submit" but lo and behold, at the bottom there's a chat option.

Half an hour later of clicking it over and over, you're still busy. Ever heard of queue? ANYTHING? Seriously, man, what the hell? The Hero 3+ Black was vastly better designed and useful than this... Piece of crap. Even the desktop app is useless, it doesn't even troubleshoot or identify the device. Yes, I've gotten the laptop to finally (after over an hour) recognise the device as a gopro but the DCIM folder refuses to show up.

C'mon. What am I supposed to do? I can't call because I'm Deaf. I can't access chat. I can't even verify my support email has been sent. You've just shafted me out of over half a thousand bucks for an useless brick that takes pretty videos and that's it. Yes, I'm pissed. Anyone would be and I can clearly see I'm not the only one. USB 3.0 is the minimum I'd expect for a device like this released when it was. Or at least the ABILITY to transfer through that. 

Your move

No regards

A very unimpressed customer and professional film maker/editor.

Sightseer

Re: I can't get onto chat because you're always busy and I'm Deaf. Your move.

[ New ]
*Dry laugh*

Right after posting this, I try and click chat. It works and I'm 1st in line. What terrible service. Fix your stuff mate, you're going down within the next two models at this rate.
Sightseer

[ New ]
My god. Even chat is useless. I get through to some dude called Kenneth and start typing and explain my situation and he hasnt even responded since the first "Hi" message, it's been over 15 minutes.

What the hell did I just spend over half a grand on?
Adventurer

[ New ]

Hello, @spirysurf86312  Our Support team will be able to help.
To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select
"Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request.Should you encounter
any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking
cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled. Our team is currently working through a
high volume of contacts so our response time may be slightly longer than usual. Rest
assured, we'll follow up with you as soon as possible.Alternatively,
you may get in touch with the seller (if not GoPro directly) for a
faster turn around on an exchange. Thanks!

Tourist

Rif.: I can't get onto chat because you're always busy and I'm Deaf. Your move.

[ New ]

Ti capisco, amico! 

Servizio penoso, vergonognoso, scandaloso. Quelli del servizio clienti e assistenza sono dei cialtroni ma lo è soprattutto l'azienda GoPro che permette tutto ciò. Esperienza tra le più brutte della mia vita, GoPro è un'azienda che merita di fallire! Mi appresterò a rendere la Hero 8 e tutti gli accessori che avevo acquistato. Cialtroni!

Adventurer

Rif.: I can't get onto chat because you're always busy and I'm Deaf. Your move.

[ New ]

Hit-n-miss I guess.