Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

I can not import my videos from any of my 4 go pro cameras to my MacBook Pro go pro apps.

I can not import any of my videos from my hero 5 or 6. Nor from my two sessions to my new MacBook Pro with quick for desktop. However if I move two feet and use my Dell p.c. Laptop everything imports without a hitch. Why? I have bought new sd cards and plugged both the camera to the computer and just the card through reader to computer. Every single time it starts for about a second then it comes up with can not import files. Don’t worry your files are safe unplug and try again. I have tried everything. What is the issue. I have bought all iPads and Apple products to use with all my new go pro stuff to implement into my business but now the two are not playing nice together. If it ever does try to import it’s so slow it doesn’t import a 10 min video in a 8hr time span. Any suggestions would be great

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: I can not import my videos from any of my 4 go pro cameras to my MacBook Pro go pro apps.

Hi @coolpeak13810,

Sorry to hear you are running into some trouble getting those files to import properly. Give the steps in this article a try to see if we can get those files imported: 

https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/Camera-is-not-recognized-on-GoPro-App-for-...

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,

Ryan

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: I can not import my videos from any of my 4 go pro cameras to my MacBook Pro go pro apps.

Thank you so much for reply. I believe that i may have done exactly what the article says and change name of the folder and etc, However i have been working on this for about 3 or 4 weeks and I don't reccall how or what i may have changed too. Is there a way I can reset and start all over with this?

Thanks

Brian

Highlighted
Hiker

Ryan,

Thank you so much. I figured it out. when i was in the app I changed where it was downloading the files too. We was trying to upload all the videos to the external hard drive but it would not allow. Your email reminded me that I in fact changed this setting so I changed to download the file to macbook and now it is working fine. Thank you.

Brian

Highlighted
GoPro

@coolpeak13810

Awesome glad to hear you got that sorted out!

Best,

Ryan