Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

I can not connect my hero 8 to my Matchbook Pro with a cable is not recognized

[ New ]

I have a go pro hero 8 and a macbook pro but I can not download photos or movies from my gopro to my mac.

My mac does not even show the go pro everything is up to date but it just does not work and this is very very frustratiing.

When I look on your site I see that the gopro 8 might not work on a mac only older models. So I invest my money in the newest equipment but the only way to use it is to download everything to my iphone en then airdrop it to my mac very disappointing. 

Please help!

GoPro

Re: I can not connect my hero 8 to my Matchbook Pro with a cable is not recognized

[ New ]

Hi @greenstorm10558

Please go over the steps on Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Mac

You can also try using an SD card adapter.

See How to Import Camera Files to a Computer - Mac

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: I can not connect my hero 8 to my Matchbook Pro with a cable is not recognized

[ New ]

Thank you for your response, I have tried everything you said, exept for the sd adaptor.

Nothing works and I find that very frustrating cause my old go model go pro worked just

fine, so I think it is just a software problem. 

I thought with the go pro 8 I bought the best camera on the market and now I can not use

it or I have to buy a special adaptor not very consumer friendly.

With kind regards,

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @greenstorm10558

Sorry for any trouble caused.

SD card adapters are included in the SD card packaging,

Thanks!

Ej