Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

I can not change the name of the camera

Hello all, 

I am trying to change the name of my HERO5 Session back to its normal setting but there doesn't seem a possible way to do that through both apps Quik and Capture. 

The reason I am trying to reset the camera's name settings or personalizing the name is that a friend of mine borrowed the camera and paired it to their Ipad, and when they've returned it the camera's name has changed to their name! They're saying that the name change happened automatically and that they did not know how to bring it back to its original setting and neither do I. 

So, I am currently using my camera while it's calling itself someone else's camera! and this is quite frustrating. 

Any idea how this could be solved? 

Thanks. 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: I can not change the name of the camera

Hi @noblehero6038,

You will have to reset the camera's Wi-Fi settings so you can give it a new name again. Please follow these troubleshooting steps accordingly: 

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history.  
  2. Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions HERE.
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions HERE.

Hopefully this helps.

Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @noblehero6038,

You will have to reset the camera's Wi-Fi settings so you can give it a new name again. Please follow these troubleshooting steps accordingly: 

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history.  
  2. Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions HERE.
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions HERE.

Hopefully this helps.

Ann

Tourist

Thank you @aenriquez 

That worked for me pretty well. 

GoPro

Awesome to hear that, @noblehero6038. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!