Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

I bought this GoPro used, how do I register it to my info?

[ New ]

I purchased a used GoPro recently and when trying to connect it prompts me to connect to a WiFi that is not mine.

When someone purchases a GoPro used how do you set it up new?

GoPro

Re: I bought this GoPro used, how do I register it to my info?

[ New ]

Hello @cameronw78420. You can reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings following the instructions here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Reset-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password/ta-p/394276 

Sightseer

[ New ]
Thanks for that, I did do a WiFi reset. Now it seems that it will not paid with the app at all. I have repeated the pairing process many many times and never have successfully paired this GoPro with the app. I have followed the instructions provided from the link you replied with as well as a few reddit post and youtube videos.
Screenshot_20201010-183102.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @cameronw78420. Which phone are you using and which OS is it running on? Do you have the latest version of the app installed? Is your camera updated to the latest firmware? 

Try pairing again but first, reset Wi-Fi connection by forgetting GoPro first from the list of Wi-Fi networks on your phone settings and deleting it from the list of Bluetooth devices. Also, remove the camera from the list on the GoPro App. Reset camera to factory settings, then re-pair. 

Sightseer

[ New ]
I am using the OnePlus 7T Mclaren edition phone, runs on Oxygen OS and variation of android software. Everything is up to date including phone software, app. As for the GoPro I cannot sync it to the app to update. I did do a WiFi hard reset on the GoPro with no luck to pairing it with my phone. Phone has bluetooth 5 or 6. Not certain on that
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @cameronw78420

We have recently released an update for the GoPro App.

Please have your app updated then restart your phone before attempting to pair the camera.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej