Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

I NEED A SOLUTION ASAP

I got my New GoPro Hero 8 the bundle from Best Buy and I did a serious test before I go with my family to enjoy our New Year Eve in VEGAS, anyway the first 4 footage that I got from the GoPro was awesome than after that I continue to RECORD some more videos without paying any attention to the camera the voice command sometimes is works is kind of fustrauting when is not responding, I can live with that BUT when I review some of my videos from the GoPro the recording only show 1Second What The Hell???? and some other ones looks the same.

When I record horizontal is no problem, BUT when I turn the camera Vertically the Camera just Turn Off stop recording WTF...

Than when I play the videos using the APP at my iPhone the videos is OK plays the 20 Second but when I play the videos from the camera videos are corrupt ONLY plays 15 Second, when I transfer those videos to my computer is look the same as I was playing at my GoPro Camera.

When I put the memory card back into the camera and review the videos from my iPhone they all play just fine at full.

I NEED SOLUTION ASAP.... I got footage from the New Year coundown and Firework in there how can I download them to my Macbook Pro Mac OS Catalina the Quic App just not working    

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: I NEED A SOLUTION ASAP

I talk to TECH SUPPORT and let me tell you they don't know a think about the product I spend 1 hour with Sandisk to see if there is any solution to repair the videos data than they sent me a software to diagnose my SD Card, than I request a call back from GoPro until today no phone call back from them... SanDisk has told me what this have to do with Sandisk is nothing wrong with the memory is the GoPro and their stupid upgrades makes the Camera stop working, freeze and other issues, I have no complaint on the video quality is awesome but it will not allow you to record for more than 40 Second.

Highlighted
Nomad

Make sure "Short clip" option is not turned on.

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

Is turn OFF, my questions is on mt iPhone with the APP I can play the Clip at full 25 Second, But on the Camera and on the Computer I can only play 16 Second of the Video.

Can someone EXPLAIN this to me... GoPro blame Sandisk and Sandisk blame back to GoPro WTH, don't play game like that Fix the Problem.

Now we Run the latest MaxOS Catalina the Quic APP just don't work it sits there doing nothing no files shows on the screen. 

Highlighted
Nomad

Any Update from anyone in here?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @alexl8465

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Please run a manual software update. https://gopro.com/en/us/update
Once the update is completed, reset the camera to its factory settings. https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Reset-Camera-Settings/ta-p/388279
Do a couple test recordings and see if it made a difference. 
Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Adventurer

It is easy to say   load firmware and should magically fix  the issue.  Maybe you have another sdxc card to try?  Understanding the trip is  in process to over?

worth a shot to  save everything of fthe card and fully format  googledrive  has storage if asked.

Highlighted
Nomad

All the suggestion that you have provide I done it 3 times and no luckI did contact TECH SUPPORT over the phone for at least 2 hours diagnose this PROBLEM the final decision they ask me to sent the Camera Back to GoPro with the RMA number... So that's mean I will sent you back a refurbished one HELL NO... I will sent it back to the Best Buy store no question ask they just give you a brand New seal box.