Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

I Lost my receipt of GoPro Hero 7

Hi there, 

Im just curious if i can get a customer support even if i lost my proof of purchase of my GoPro?

But i still kept all the packaging and stuff that comes from it.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: I Lost my receipt of GoPro Hero 7

If you can   have a creditcard statement that  should be good enough.   How did you pay and where did you  get from are two important questions?   GoPro needs a paper reciept, if not then they will offer Options ,  so yes I  try my best t ofind a ligit reciept and contact them anyways.?

Highlighted
GoPro

@victors631, if you contact our Support team, they'll be able to look into options for you. You may reach them by phone or live chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.

Highlighted
Tourist

They don't offer any other options if you can't produce a receipt. I have a white go pro 7 that was given too me in March by my father for my birthday. And my faster passed away In June. On fathers day to be exact. 4 days ago it stopped working, and bc i can't produce a receipt, i can't get out replaced, I offered to buy a new one and when i received it, I would send my broke gopro 7 one back for a reimbursement. NOPE! I Offered to just send mine in so they can at least look it over, NOPE! Instead I was belittled the whole time, and I explained to the tech that I recently had a wireless headset burn out on me.

The company was Jlab my headset was jlab epic 2 wireless headset, $199.00. They burnt out, i messaged them thru there website and they took care of my headset with a BNIB set, and with them a return label to send the old set back.

With that said, after my story, the gopro tech had the nerve to say, sir that's a wireless headset, this is a camera!!! So I said, Oh, I thought it was just good customer service. SInce when has a company cared more about there product value, versus there ability to satisfy a returning customer. I'll provide a link of my conversation with jlab, and my saved chat history work go pro, and you tell msr which company you would rather support.
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi joshua

Thanks for chatting with us! As requested, here is a copy of our recent conversation for your record, should you need to reference it in the future.

If you ever have any more questions or concerns, you can reach back out to us at the link below, please do not reply to this automated email.

http://gopro.com/contact-us
Many Thanks,
GoPro Support

Ma Danessa:My name is Ma Danessa. How can I help you? Me:hello, I have a gopro7 white model and it will no longer turn on as of yesterday Me:Ive read that I can replace 2 devices a year Ma Danessa:Hi there, Joshua! Ma Danessa:Sorry to hear about what happened with your camera. Me:Hello Ma Danessa Ma Danessa:We can go ahead and check what could have caused the problem first so we can file a claim under warranty. Me:Nothing that im aware of, I was recording one minute and the next minute it was off Ma Danessa:Once we confirm that this issue isn't resolvable anymore, then we can push through with the replacement. Ma Danessa:May I know where and when did you purchase the camera, please? Me:ok we;; how do we go about that Me:Im not sure, It was a birthday present, But maybe best buy Ma Danessa:Who gave it to you? Me:My birthday was in march, I dont know when it was actually purchased though Me:My father Ma Danessa:Alright. Me:he passed away on fathers day of this year Ma Danessa:The reason why we ask is because in order for us to be able to file a claim is we need the receipt of the camera. Ma Danessa:Oh, sorry to hear that. Me:so its not like I can even ask where or if he has a receipt Me:Thank you Me:are you kidding me, So I cant replace this without a receipt? There must be something I can do Ma Danessa:Usually that's the standard. As you can see, like any other companies, this is how warranties works. For now, let's troubleshoot it first and if doesn't work, I'll see what I can do. Me:I recently had to exchange and they just had my send them picture and return the faulty set after receiving the new seta head set Me:A wireless headset Ma Danessa:Where did you purchase the headset? Me:walmart, they were jlab wireless ear buds Ma Danessa:And Walmart replaced it for you? Me:no Jlab did Me:I contacted them just how I contacted gopro Ma Danessa:That's a lucky one but we're talking about a camera, Joshua. I am not trying to be difficult with you, like I said I am willing to help you whatever it takes, but we won't be able to compare a replacement of a wireless earbuds to an action camera, Joshua. Try other brands of camera, just by them knowing you don't have a receipt won't accommodate any conversation anymore. Me:Id be willing to send my gopro to you guys for a better observation. I just really need it for my mx races Ma Danessa:This is based on experiences of other customers as well. Ma Danessa:And how we run things in the camera business. Ma Danessa:Anyway, let's jump into the troubleshooting now. Me:oh, I thought it was just good customer service, My earbuds were 199.00 Me:ok lets trouble shoot then Me:though nothing works so I dont know what we would be troble shooting Ma Danessa:There are ways on how we can revive a camera but of course it's not a 100% guarantee that we will be able to revive it. Ma Danessa:We need to isolate it by troubleshooting. Ma Danessa:First, can you help me with the serial number of your camera, please? Ma Danessa:You can check that next from the USB port. Ma Danessa:It starts with "C3311". Me:c3311324504651 Ma Danessa:Thank you. Ma Danessa:May I also know what is the brand and model of the SD card you are using, please? Me:Class 10 16gb pny elite Ma Danessa:That could be a contributor as to why your camera stopped working. I'm not saying that it's the main reason but just a contributor. Ma Danessa:You can use a 16gb for the HERO7 White if the brand is Samsung Pro. Ma Danessa:But for PNY Elite, the only ones that has been tested by GoPro is 32GB. Ma Danessa:You can refer that via this article: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations#list1 Me:I tried my samsung,pny,transcend,and kingston, none of them work and Ive been using them since my fist go po Ma Danessa:There are only specific brands that qualifies. Samsung and PNY are the brands that is okay but not all models. The rest of the brands you mentioned are not qualified. Ma Danessa:It may see you never had any issues but it has been targeting the functions of the camera internally. Me:Im very tech savvy, Ive tried everything from ac to computer connection. I get absolutely no power Ma Danessa:Don't get me wrong, Joshua. I don't think being a tech savvy has to do with this. If it does, then we have already expected you to know these items as any devices have their own specifics of processes that can't be compared to any other devices. Ma Danessa:Now, let's proceed with the next steps. Me:ok Ma Danessa:Do you have the original GoPro cable with you? Me:yes Ma Danessa:Alright. Plug the camera to a wall socket using the original GoPro cable. Ma Danessa:Let it sit for at least 30 seconds. Ma Danessa:Please remove the SD card you have inside. Me:ok Ma Danessa:Thank you. Ma Danessa:Let me know once it's done. Me:plugged up Me:its been 30 sec Ma Danessa:Okay. Thank you. Ma Danessa:Did you see the LED blink for a moment? Me:Nothing Ma Danessa:I mean the LED light. Ma Danessa:Okay. Me:No Ma Danessa:Try this. Ma Danessa:Press and hold the mode and the shutter button for 8-10 seconds long. Ma Danessa:Tell me if there's any respond from the camera. Me:While plugged in? Ma Danessa:Yes. Me:ok nothing happened with or without being plugged in Ma Danessa:Try it again and this time around make it 10-15 seconds long. Please make sure to press and hold it at the same time. Me:nothing happened\ Ma Danessa:Okay. What was the last time you updated the firmware of the camera? Me:I never updated the firmware, If its not broken why fix Ma Danessa:What do you mean by that? Me:But if go Pro put out a bulletin saying update firmware or your gopro 7 will BRICK, I wouldve done so Ma Danessa:This is the first time I have ever hear that say by a customer, Joshua. Sorry if it Me:Bc no1 goes looking for firmware updates unless there having bug issues to begin with, Ma Danessa:If it is a requirement. Same goes on iPhone and other computer. Ma Danessa:It doesn't need to be put on bulletin but if you were able to see how the camera works then it should be a way how to boost it's functions, right? Me:Look, Im very, Very fluent in flashing firmwares, Modding scripts, writing scripts, you name it. There is nothing that you or I are gonna accomplis here that I havent alread Ma Danessa:But then if you have not updated the firmware from the time you received or used the camera, that could be another reason as to why the camera has stopped working. Ma Danessa:As it was sitting with a half completed firmware update from the factory. Me:When GoPrp releases a firmware update for there products do they contact everyone whose purchased a camera and say theres a firmware update avail. Ma Danessa:Even tutorial for unboxing does that. Joshua. Me:No pple go and search out firmware updates when there having a known issue, ;like fast battery drain, or video cutouts etc Ma Danessa:Everything is on the GoPro website, Joshua. Everything a customer needs when it comes to maintaining the camera. Me:Im on multiple platforms and facebook gopro groups and sites. No1 ever does a firmware update unless there experiencing trounles Ma Danessa:If you were not able to do this, we will completely understand. We are only informing you what are the things that could have possibly contributed. Ma Danessa:Nothing to argue about. Ma Danessa:You basically believe another way which is different from what we have practiced. Me:I understand that, but you dont take a brand new phone outta the box and flash new firmware bc the company tells you to Me:Some pple prefer to be on a particular build number, Me:Not that I even care, I only care about getting my gopro replaced. Ma Danessa:Yes and that how I see the difference as to why you were not able to do what is necessary for the camera. Me:bc I didnt do a firmware update? Ma Danessa:We apologize if our process doesn't meet your expectation but in case we get an approval to replace this without a receipt, note that these are the things you need to consider in protecting your camera. Me:Has there been a firmware release since gopro 7 came out? Ma Danessa:I didn't say it is the main cause but there are already a couple of things that has been confirmed that possibly causes the problem. Me:If so, How many, and what was address in each *update Ma Danessa:One is using a non recommended SD card, the 2nd one is not able to update the firmware. Ma Danessa:What do you mean? Me:Im asking how many firmware releases have been available and updated since the release of the gopro & Me:Gopro 7 Ma Danessa:For HERO7 Series. There is one. Ma Danessa:That's from December 11 of 2018 Me:One, and when was that released Me:ok Ma Danessa:December 11 of 2018 Me:And my birthday was 3 7 2019, you dont think its safe to say that maybe it already had the latest firmware? Ma Danessa:Exactly my point. No as the camera came out of factory, right? Me:yes, I dont lknow when it was in production. So can you clerify when my gopro7 was made by the serial # Ma Danessa:So as expected from any new devices, not all, devices that comes from factories are on half completed firmware update. Ma Danessa:09/2018 Me:Half completed? Me:Are you seriously saying this to me right now Ma Danessa:It's a stock firmware, Joshua. Me:Half completed, First off, you cant even flash firmware if its not zipped up correctly, So NO, it cant be half completed. What you guys get are feedback from your users, That say hey this is happening and then your devs look into it, They most liking run a debug compilation of the firmware which had reports about, and when they find a bad line they fix it, And then there is a new firmware release for said device, with what fixes took place Ma Danessa:There are devices not just action cameras that requires updates as they are holding stock firmware. Ma Danessa:I understand, like I said, there's nothing to argue as your opinion is different from what we have practiced, Joshua. I am not just making this up. This is how you play with GoPro cameras. Me:look, I can no longer beat a dead horse. Can I expect a replacement. Or am I gonna have to talk to someone else, Or contact a higher up. Ma Danessa:Honestly, if we are to escalate this issue it is unlikely that you get a replacement as there is no receipt provided. If I work on this issue, I may be able to find a way on how to look for a work around. Ma Danessa:So it is your choice. Me:This has by far been the worse customer experience ive ever had, You first went to compare a $199 headset to a 299 camera. When its not about the device in question its about the support given to the buyers of your product. Ma Danessa:I am working on this case since we started comparing notes, Joshua. I just need to make sure that your case is strong so we can be granted for a replacement. Ma Danessa:I'm sorry if you are not satisfied with my assistance, Joshua, as all my knowledge sharing to you about maintaining a device is in pure intention. Me:Ill contact a higher up and ill be sure to post our chat convo on every go pro site that I am a user of about my experience. Thank you for doing absolutely nothing for me but confirming that my product is no longer functional Ma Danessa:Oh, I will respect that, Joshua. I apologize for any misunderstanding as I am working on how to be able to help you since earlier. Ma Danessa:I am working on your case for possible granting. Ma Danessa:But if you don't like me to push through with this, I would respect it. Me:I would like to speak with your supervisor Ma Danessa:No problem. I am more than willing to forward this to my supervisor. Where can he exactly call you? Ma Danessa:I mean what contact number? Me:609 531 1016 Ma Danessa:Thank you. I will stop from here and will advise supervisor of this. Would there be anything else? Me:Nothing else, I only want my camera replaced Ma Danessa:Yes, and that's what I have been working on, Joshua. Me:I feel like you been trying to talk circles around me like I dont know anything about technology Ma Danessa:I have been apologizing with you to not take anything against me as I am only advising you our best practices in this company but you have been misunderstanding all the things that I have been discussing with you, Joshua. Ma Danessa:If you feel that way, I apologize but I don't have any intentions to argue. Me:And neither do I. But when I tell you that contacting Gopro was my last resort, It was. Ive tried everything already, Its a matter of just replacing at this point, Ma Danessa:I only based everything on what you have told me. The things that you try are the things we don't recommend as we have specifics for every process and it is in my pure intention to tell you that this could have been the cause of it. Me:when it works fine for 7 months and all the sudden stops, It has nothing to do with firmware, or sd card, Its either battery related or something else, It has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with firmware or sd card, or charging cables etc Ma Danessa:Joshua, this is the first report we have ever received from you about your camera. I hope you understand that it's not because you've tried everything from your end means that should be it as we have specifics for every process. I am not making this up but this is how it is being done. Ma Danessa:I hope you believe me when I say it does have a lot to do with that. Ma Danessa:But anyway, Ma Danessa:I have escalated the issue already and requested for replacement. Ma Danessa:Hopefully this will be granted. Ma Danessa:I have also escalated myself to our higher ups. Me:look I know they give you guys a handbook with trouble shooting techniques. I understand that, And I dont wanna bust your hump. Im just not some idiot that doesnt no the difference. Its not that I wanna give you a hard time. But maybe bc My father gave me this partucular gopro. And it was one of the last things that ive ever got from my father and Im upset that it no longer works and That I may have to have it replaced for one that holds no sentimental value to me, I apologize for being a ass Ma Danessa:No. I am a consumer too like yourself. Every one here that works with GoPro who owns a GoPro. We don't have a handbook or anything as our way to resolve the problem is just in the website which is something that other users can access as well like yourself. I have 4 GoPro cameras and this has been how we are maintaining our cameras. Ma Danessa:Don't worry, like I said I will help you no matter what it takes. Me:Thank you Ma Danessa:So expect a call from my supervisor in the next 24 hours. You can complain about me on how I assisted you and I will respect and accept the things that you will do after this conversation. Ma Danessa:Once I have the results, I will update you via email. Ma Danessa:Is this your email address: jciabatoni@gmail.com Me:Regardless of the outcome wether they replace it or not , Im by no means gonna spew crap about you, Im sorry. Im just upset, Nopthing against you Me:yes thats my email Ma Danessa:I understand. I know how frustrating that is and I am sorry for any misunderstanding. Ma Danessa:Alright. Let me take care of it and wait for my update. Ma Danessa:I may have their answers in the next 24 hours as well. Me:ok, thank you, Ma Danessa:Hopefully. Please have your fingers crossed. Ma Danessa:You're welcome. Ma Danessa:Do you have other questions for me>? Me:I pray that god will take care of all my worries Ma Danessa:I thing we have high chances anyways. Ma Danessa:*think Me:no, not at this time, Thanks Ma Danessa:I got your back on this, Joshua. Ma Danessa:You take care and I'll update you soon. Me:Thanks, Im sorry for taking my frustrations out on you, Try and have a better night then what Ive provided. Sorry Ma Danessa:I can accept all your frustrations, I am use to that. Take this out of your worries, Joshua. I have high chances for this. So you take a rest and will update you soon. Ma Danessa:Have a good night. Ma Danessa:By the way, Joshua. If you wouldn't mind, please stay connected for a one question survey.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @ciabatoni,

First off, sorry to hear about what happened to your father. I appreciate you reaching out to us, and we want to assist resolve the issues with your GoPro camera as we value every opportunity to help our customers.

We want to provide the best resolution as much as possible, and a proof of purchase is an essential part of the warranty claim process. If you no longer have the receipt of the camera purchase and you don't have any way to get one, as far as I know, any document that can attest the valid date of purchase might do.

Upon checking, as also stated in your chat conversation, I understand that the Support Representative is coordinating with the team to identify your best option moving forward given the situation.

We've already notified the team currently handling your case for a follow-up. Please keep your lines open or check your email from time-to-time for any update.

Your time and patience are very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Ann

Highlighted
Adventurer

@aenriquez 

His camera is under a year old but the proof is required, that is hte bottom line.

Highlighted
GoPro

@fishycomics, as I've mentioned, the proof of purchase is part of the warranty claim process. We do our best to provide the best resolution, taking any possible considerations, and we have already communicated with the team in charge of the Support case.