Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hypersmooth doesn’t work in livestream mode in GoPro 8 and bad customer support.

[ New ]
I did some tests. I recorded a video file and did a livestream. I used the same settings in both cases: 1080p wide angle 50 frames. The problem is hypersmooth stabilization works only when you record video and it doesn’t work when you do a livestream. The result is livestream is shaky like in a cheap action camera for $50 bucks. If you read this guys, don’t buy this camera for livestream until GoPro team fixes this issue (which they will never do because they don’t care about their customers). I’ve already told about this issue in a different topic here and I’ve been given zero (useless) response.
I used latest firmware updates and my hardware works fine. But GoPro firmware is bad for live-streaming. I’m a professional live-streamer being ignored here and I want to tell the real truth about this camera to other livestreamers.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hypersmooth doesn’t work in livestream mode in GoPro 8 and bad customer support.

[ New ]

Hi @fireyflame20851

HyperSmooth should be applied when doing a live stream.

If you haven't yet, please see if resetting the camera or re-flashing the software will help.

If not, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Hypersmooth doesn’t work in livestream mode in GoPro 8 and bad customer support.

[ New ]

Hi @fireyflame20851

HyperSmooth should be applied when doing a live stream.

If you haven't yet, please see if resetting the camera or re-flashing the software will help.

If not, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
I beg you to compare live-streams made with GoPro 7 Camera and those made with GoPro 8. Use your own cameras. And you will see that GoPro 7 live-streams are smoother a lot than those made on GoPro 8. How is it possible? Is the stabilization in GoPro 8 is worse than stabilization of GoPro 7?
Hiker

[ New ]
Fix your firmware of GoPro 8. Add stabilization to a livestream.
Backpacker

[ New ]
hi,

to me works.
it is not a hypersmooth boost.
looks more like an hypersmooth on or high.

attached an video with the original (saved on microSD card) and with the stream on facebook.

just me,
robert

https://youtu.be/-jbTzuzLRWc
Adventurer

[ New ]

we all would love each feature to have each setting. Livestream with EIS on be awesome. but gopro can not offer us 4K and narrow Maybe the next hero 9 will have it.  But likesaid you can stream and then post up a perfect copy with 4K and EIS  . then a choppy one at that.