Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hypersmooth broken in FW 1.80

I caught my H7B doing same exact thing with FW 1.71. It glitched, and then the hypersmooth "reversed" and exaggerated camera movements, not stabilized them. I know how it looks with NO stabilization, and this was worse, like in your clip. So roccopirr hypersmooth was on, but malfunctioning.

You can see it in this vid at 0.33 sec. 

https://youtu.be/_ePQUXnzTdc?t=33s

Then later it freezes, recording a single frame for rest of day, but still recording audio. Also a known issue.That happens a lot too.

People always saying they have no problems and are usually recording in 1080p I have found.

Now I manually updated to 1.80 and get this issue, just like many other people after updating to 1.80.

You would think they would test this software before they release it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc3UugfoYaU

If a bunch of cams are doing exact same things after an update, it is not hard come to the conclusion that the software is to blame.

I have a $400 paperweight at this point.

As suggested by Gopro forum admins, I updated firmware "manually" with a PC and SD card and wiped the cam to defaults before and after, etc, etc.. Well now I...
This Gopro Hero7 Black takes some amazing video when it works! Unfortunately it doesn't work reliably. Here's a few examples. Glitches, bugs, and failure to ...
Highlighted
Tourist

This issue has ruined my latest trip out on my bike, selling the camera and getting a dji osmo action that is a far more stable product, and have better support for the users
Highlighted
Hiker

Why dont you just downgrade back to 1.70???? I wouldn't buy another camera when you can easily put the firmware back to its previous.

I can go back to 1.51, 1.61 and 1.70 whenever I like. Keep your previous firmwares spmewhere so you have the opporunity to downgrade anytime.