Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hypersmooth broken in FW 1.80

Ok, so i have had my Gopro 7 Black now for a year, it has been working fine, i have had the usual issues that the camera wont start sometimes, but i have just pulled the battery out, then it has been working again, i have seen alot of users having this issue here in the forums.

This weekend i did a big trip on my bike, and before i left i updated to the latest 1.80 firmware using the app, everything worked fine.

I recorded about 50gb using about 4 batteries, and when i got home and watched to footage, i see that alot of random clips on my sd card now is very shaky, it´s like the hypersmooth is not working on some of the clips, it can be fine on 10 clips, and then 2 clips can be broken, and so on.

Here is a example of a working clip

https://youtu.be/N5i1yGlf_IA

And here is the next clip on the sd card, where is issue is

https://youtu.be/m3Ya_rFrBhc

So....what is going on?

Cant have a action camera that i cant trust, this is quite a dealbreaker to change camera (DJI have a nice one)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hypersmooth broken in FW 1.80

Hypersmooth, not working in the second clip. Not being rude, did you confirm it was indeed on? I used mine on a commercial job yesterday and it was just as usual......Hypersmooth.
Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, camera whas not turned off or any change of settings between those two clips, it was about 1 minute between the clips where the camera was on, just used start/ stop recordning button.

And it´s the same issue that keeps coming randomly now after the 1.80 update with alot of recordning.

Highlighted
Hiker

I hope you get it resolved. I will put mine through a test this week and see if I have the same issue. Last week I shot about 25 clips and they all came out fine. I must admit that they were short clips...perhaps the issue arises from heat build up in a longer duration clip?
Highlighted
Tourist

It´s very strange, all my clips are about 1-2 min only, i guess i will try to downgrade the firmware, it was working somewhat ok with the 1.70, some random freezes but hypersmooth was working all the time
Highlighted
Hiker

I just tested low light in our house and its surprisingly better with hyper smooth in low light. Its not perfect but a lot better in low light than previous.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the same problem... My "session 5" records well and the "7 black" looks like a washing machine.

@jonasnyman  ha escrito:

Ok, so i have had my Gopro 7 Black now for a year, it has been working fine, i have had the usual issues that the camera wont start sometimes, but i have just pulled the battery out, then it has been working again, i have seen alot of users having this issue here in the forums.

This weekend i did a big trip on my bike, and before i left i updated to the latest 1.80 firmware using the app, everything worked fine.

I recorded about 50gb using about 4 batteries, and when i got home and watched to footage, i see that alot of random clips on my sd card now is very shaky, it´s like the hypersmooth is not working on some of the clips, it can be fine on 10 clips, and then 2 clips can be broken, and so on.

Here is a example of a working clip

https://youtu.be/N5i1yGlf_IA

And here is the next clip on the sd card, where is issue is

https://youtu.be/m3Ya_rFrBhc

So....what is going on?

Cant have a action camera that i cant trust, this is quite a dealbreaker to change camera (DJI have a nice one)

Highlighted
Hiker

Perhaps a full factory reset of the camera and re-installation of firmware?

I tried mine again and cant seem to fault the hypersmooth with 1.80