Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Humidity in the internal lens during scuba diving

I have a hero 5 which i am using it during scuba diving with a waterproof case. I believe that the case was slightly leaking one day. There was a little water inside but the gopro is fine and working perfectly. I faced one issue later on is that there was a humidity in the inside lens (not the removable) especially during the diving. Is there any way i can solve this issue ?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Humidity in the internal lens during scuba diving

Hi @majedhas

If you see any sign of water inside it would be best to have it replaced if it will still be accepted since standard warranty covers only 1 year usually. 

But it would be best to ask them. 

Yes, you can contact our global support right now. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

They are available via phone or chat. 

Regards,

-Jay 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

hI @majedhas

May we know where did you purchase that case?

Seems like it's defective. 

It should not leak. 

I suggest to contact the store or if it's from our website you can contact our customer support team to have it replaced. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello Jay,

Thanks for you promote reply. I have a gopro super suit uber protection which i bough through amazon us last year. The issue was in the rubber of the door which i replace completely.

Now i am looking for a way to get rid of the humidity inside the internal lens. I have used anti fog strips hopping that it will absorb the water. These strips are always humid now but everytime i go under the water the lens becomes blurry because of the fog.

I do not know if this will be gone with the time or do i need to take it to customer support ?

If i need to take it to customer support, do you have any idea who is the official customer support in Bahrain ?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @majedhas

If you see any sign of water inside it would be best to have it replaced if it will still be accepted since standard warranty covers only 1 year usually. 

But it would be best to ask them. 

Yes, you can contact our global support right now. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

They are available via phone or chat. 

Regards,

-Jay