Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

How to work with 1080p 240fps

So I have a video on my Hero6 saved at 1080p 240fps.  I'm wondering how to best get it into Adobe Elements so that I can edit it / take advantage of slow motion.  1080p 120fps worked fine, but the 240fps mp4 file does not import correctly (Adobe thinks there is no video, only audio).

Because GoPro Studio is discontinued, I was thinking there might be a way to do it in Quik, but Quik doesn't seem to be designed for this purpose.  

Any suggestions on this?  Maybe I should just stick to 120fps

Thanks!

Hiker

Re: How to work with 1080p 240fps

I spent quite a bit of time on chat with GoPro tech support today for this very issue. They tried to tell me that my video card doesn't support 240 fps. I contacted NVidia (video card mfg) and they told me it absolutely IS capable of 240 fps video editing. So.... gopro now said they'll have to send it to level 2 support and get back with me. Seems odd that they would release a product without software to take advantage of the new features. I specifically upgraded from hero 5 to hero 6 for the faster frame rate / slow motion editing. I'll post back if I hear from them.
Sightseer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhmj9gJD7wo&t=156s

this video help me out i got it in adobe premier .. it works..

Tutorial on how to import Gopro hero 6 black footage into adope premier. 4K 60fps and 1080p 240 fps GXO files. It was a 5 day tutorial for me on how to import Gopro footage. Its not drag and drop any more. But now it will only take you guys 5 minutes to learn what it took me 5 days to do.. Gopro ...
Sightseer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhmj9gJD7wo&t=156s

it worked for me.. subscribe it you need more help new videos every day gopro hero 6 support

Tutorial on how to import Gopro hero 6 black footage into adope premier. 4K 60fps and 1080p 240 fps GXO files. It was a 5 day tutorial for me on how to import Gopro footage. Its not drag and drop any more. But now it will only take you guys 5 minutes to learn what it took me 5 days to do.. Gopro ...
Tourist

Ok first off you are the best for finding this gem.

I have been filming content since last Friday in 4K60fps and I have so much raw footage to edit and have been unable to do so.

It seems neither GoPro Quik or Adobe Premiere Elements 15 lets me import the HEVC h.265 (.MP4) files created by filming in the highest setting.

It seems that both companies were not ready for the Hero 6 Black.

Sightseer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEoFg75rWt0 108op 240 fps. upload to youtube then take it off and it edits..

detroit post production figured out a few way. check out there channel and subscribe

Tourist

I hope they come up with a solution fast cause this is not what i'm intend to do for the rest of this camera's lifespan... first upload, then download it again, piece by piece...i mean there must be an easier way right?

anyhow, i tried many of the options, if not, all of them in premiere pro... none of them seem to read out the 1080P240fps as a video file but as a sound file. what could be maybe the issue is that if you go to properties of a certain video (1080p240) tab: details, frameheight and width doesn't show... so it could be a minor fix that gopro has to apply in their next update so it becomes a readable format...

hopefully this is fixed soon

Explorer

What OS are you using? Premier Pro works fine for me with 1080/240 and 4K/60 video files. I'm using a Dell i7 Windows 10 16GB RAM GTX 1050ti laptop.