Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: How to work with 1080p 240fps

Hi Daniel here is the Laptop option I have. See the specs I'll include a 256SSHD aswell. I wont hold you to it but what do you think of the specs?

Screenshot_1.jpg
Tourist

It's Gigabyte Notebook
Explorer

Looks good 👍😉
Nomad

I don’t disagree with what you say but remember we are talking free software that vastly outperforms paid software if you use the correct source codec and a half way decent computer. Premiere still requires a decent computer and I have noticed an issue with the output in premiere cc 2018 I want to revisit before I say what it is.

Tourist

Hi, about the Laptop Specs Im about to purchase, what is the odds that it wont work with HEVC files? 4K60fps or 1080p240fps?

Nomad

Hi, the laptop you describe has plenty of power providing your editor always uses the performance Nvidia card and not the power saver gpu.

It should not be a worry though, i am confident it will work 100%

Nomad

I was just thinking about all this and you do know that all new intel cpu’s from the last few years have hardware hvec decoding built in don’t you?

You must enable onboard gpu in your bios though. It also lets you encode from hvec to h.264 with a speed boost if you use handbrake and enable intel speed sync in handbrakes settings.

As a side note whilst new NVIDIA GPUs have an onboard decoder/encoder for hvec you will always get better results using just your cpu. Where as Premiere and Resolve will ignore this ASIC and rely on CUDA and the CPU to boost performance. 

That being said my pc is due an update and I will probably go for just the Nvidia 1050ti 4 or 6gb as the encoding asic is exactly the same silicon as the 1060 and above.

Tourist

Hi, I have a problem. So I bought the laptop and installed DaVinci Resolve 14 but I still can not see video in my files. 4k60fps and 1080p240fps PLEASE what am I missing?