Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: How to work with 1080p 240fps

Daniel perfect words! I'd share a beer with you now if I could! I dont see anything as overly defensive its purely comunication and getting to a reasonable point that makes sense. Everything you are typing might as wel come out of my mouth if I had the life you had it all fits perfect and I thing what you told me would help allot of people as well reading this now. Just wish gopro staff had this hands on help with customers. But none the less Im going to explore your suggestions and let you know! Dell is my first choice aswell I have been looking at them for over a year know, maby you just pushed me over the edge!

Explorer

[ Edited ]

Premier's advantage is its integration with the other Adobe products. When it comes to color grading and editing DaVinci Resolve is either better or on par with Premiere. For someone just looking for video editing, I think DaVinci Resolve is a much better option, and not just because it's free. Which is a huge Plus!

Like I've said, I use Adobe Premiere Pro. However, I wouldn't recommend it over DaVinci Resolve unless the user has specific needs that they can't get with Resolve. One said reason would be if the person owns the Fusion camera (my new favorite GoPro that I'm having a blast using and find more than worth the cost).

For someone doing just basic editing Adobe Premiere Pro is a huge waste of money. DaVinci Resolve is a professional editing software and can give you great results.

Explorer

@noelb82276
Thanks for the kind words and taking the time to reply. All my best to you my friend.
Hiker

I agree. For serious editing Davinci comes just a little bit too short in comparison with premiere. But for basic editing, definitely go with davinci. Just a few more years and even very serious video editors can migrate to davinci.

Nomad

I have to disagree, i all but dumped Adobe a few years back since davinci moved on from a colourist suite to a full suite. BUT thats when a shoot Cinema Raw. I agree premiere is better for quick cuts and speed ramps, but for working with the intended format ie prores or raw premiere cant touch davince for speed. 

Again as for gopro footage if you are willing to subscribe to Adobe then go with that, you cant go wrong.

Hiker

What I mean is that Da Vinci comes a bit short to Premiere as an editing application. Da Vinci doesn't offer me all the tools I need for video editing (just yet) but I think they are making huge leaps with every update to be a very very serious competitor for adobe. But performance wise, Da Vinci outperforms Premiere. Da Vinci handles footage in a way that should make adobe embarresed in every way. 

Hiker

Just remeber that Resolve is more hardware intensive than most of the other NLE out there. Getting better all the time. Huge knowalge base and lots og good youtube tutorials.  

I buily a hefty rig for r\Resolve and still get a bit f lag when scrubbing native gopro files. If I'm doing a longer project. I'll transform to DNxHR/HD or Cineform. So much smoother editing. Worth the time. 

On my older laptop (Asus UX31VD) i7, Nvidia, 10GB ram, ssd)  I use an older verion of vegas. 4K transformed in studio to cineform, smooth as butter. Resovle will hardly start up.....

Tourist

Exactly