Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: How to work with 1080p 240fps

They can allow you to convert the video into a usable format
Highlighted
Tourist

Not without losing quality.  As far as I know.  Which kind of defeats the purpose of upgrading to a Hero 6

Highlighted
Explorer

True.  If you don't want to invest in the proper equipment to edit higher resolutions/frame rates and HEVC, then perhaps it's not the right camera for you.  Personally, I enjoy and utilize the many other features of the Hero6 Black so even if I couldn't effectively utilize HEVC, the camera would still be a worthy upgrade.

Highlighted
Tourist

There should at-least be a notice on the camera when purchasing that tells you the minimum system requirements to edit these footage on PC its bull**bleep** that they don't, R8,000 spent and I can not use it!
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @noelb82276

We completely understand the concern and we would like to help you on this matter further.  

There is an HEVC notice on your camera whenever you select a high resolution/high fps. This provides a heads up that the videos captured will require an HEVC compatible device for playback or editing.

For further information, you may refer to this article: HEVC Explained

In addition to this, you can also check: How to Convert GoPro HEVC Videos to H.264 Using HandBrake

Thanks!

EJ

Highlighted
Nomad

You need PREMIERE PRO CC 2018 in order to WORK with 4K 60fps, 2K 120fps, 1040 60fps, 1080 240fps. with no problem I'm editing on a old MACBOOK Pro 17" with SSD and my SLOW MOTION or FAST FORWARD smooth as butter.

AdobePremiereProCC.png

Highlighted
Tourist

Alexl all good a well but why does GoPro studio not support it now the client purchasing the gopro have to purchase 3rd party software aswell? NO this is bull**bleep** gopro need to get their sjit together and supply the software with their camera its after all the most expensive action camera on the market so.....just plain old bull**bleep**.

Highlighted
Tourist

ARAGON are you hearing yourself and did you even read what I'm saying? Let me explain it so that you might understand it. If a person buys software, for instance Adobe Premiere Pro, then on that software it states the minimum and recomended system requirments to operate the software. The reason for that is obviouse but let me explain that to you anycase because it seems you have dificulty understanding these things. THE REASON IS SO THAT YOU DONT BUY SOFTWARE THAT YOU CANT USE ON YOUR PC.

NOW ARAGON. Where does it state the minimum and maximum system requirments for the GoPitty Hero 6 BEFORE purchasing!!!! Not after purchase when you change the settings in the camera the it tells you useless info and does not even tell you how to solve your problem it only tells you that you have a problem THATS TOO LATE LITTLE BUDDY!!