Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: How to work with 1080p 240fps

windows 7 pro 64bit

adobe PP CS6

Highlighted
Tourist

rest of the settings;

INTEL Core i7-4770K 4x 3,50GHz
nVidia GeForce GTX780 3 GB DDR5
windows 7 Pro 64bit

32GB ram crucial pc3-1600

Highlighted
Nomad

For HEVC, I think you'll need to be on Windows 10, and premiere pro 2017.

You have options though

1. Update your system to the latest version of Windows 10 and Adobe Premiere.

2. Stay with your current system and use handbrake or something else to transcode the HEVC file to X.284 and edit. (slight hit on image)

3. Not use modes that use the HEVC, 4k/60fps, 2k/120fps 1080p/240fps

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hey,

just got my new Hero6 and have the same problem:

It's not possible to import HEVC into CS6 (also tried CC test version).

I used handbreak to convert it to H.264 (.mp4) and the import works now,

but it's not possible to work with the material bacause of lagging.

I never had any problem using 4k30 or 1080p120 material (60Mbit)

on my computer (gtx1060, 32GB Ram, 8x4GB AMD, SSD).

I tried diffrent export setting (sized videos down to 30Mbit) on handbrake,

but the lagging still occurs and it seems that bei CPU could be

the problem (80% - 100% workload).

Any ideas how I can edit my 4k60|1080p240 videos with CS6 (maybe I need to upgrade to CS?)

Highlighted
Tourist

I was in the same boat as you and ended up just going with Adobe Premiere Pro.

Even GoPro's native program Quik could not work with the files if you bought on release date.

Highlighted
Hiker

On a Mac I didn't need to have the latest OS to work with the HEVC files. Premiere Pro prompted me to download the codec when importing the footage. But I think you'll need at least CC2017 for this. 

HOWEVER: I do find that (even after upgrading my OS as well to the latest version) Premiere handles the HEVC files horrible. Low light files get horrible compression artefacts, that I cannot see when displaying the files for instance on my phone. 
Also the files are terribly hard to handle for Premiere Pro and lag a lot when working with them. 
Fed up with adobe I downloaded the free Da Vinci Resolve software from Blackmagic Design. 
Works like a charm, no lag, files play fluently and no compression artefacts to be found in my footage. 

Highlighted
Hiker

if you are going to transcode your HEVC footage with for exmple Handbrake, don't convert to anther compressed format like H264 etc. 

Convert to avi, cineform, DNxHR/HD, prores or other non heavily compressed format. You editing experience will be smoother. 

You see, these compressed formats are a pain to edit for computers. Decrompressing on the fly while scrubbing through footage will bog down event the best hig speced machine.

Highlighted
Hiker

if you are going to transcode your HEVC footage with for exmple Handbrake, don't convert to anther compressed format like H264 etc. 

Convert to avi, cineform, DNxHR/HD, prores or other non heavily compressed format. You editing experience will be smoother. 

You see, these compressed formats are a pain to edit for computers. Decrompressing on the fly while scrubbing through footage will bog down event the best high speced machine.