Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: How to work with 1080p 240fps

I'm currently working on a project comparing the different settings to show the benefits and disadvantages of each setting. It's a much bigger endeavor than I originally thought considering all the different options and scenarios for when and why to make these changes. So far; however, the most consistently "best" setting is camera defaults, 2.7K/60. If you put the 2.7K video into a 1080p sequence and scale down to 71-72% it looks great and you are able to crop/zoom as needed. I shoot in Wide FOV and correct the lens distortion as needed with my editor. Choosing Linear in the camera is fine, but will sometimes give you less detail at the edges.
Highlighted
Hiker

coolsand84842, One thing people are forgetting in these day of better computers and the dimise of GoPro studio is the option of transcoding to a better editig format. 

H264 and H265 mp4 files are extremly compressed and will bring even hig performance computer to a stand still. 

Convert to cineform AVI (or DNxRH/HD) and you will be able to edit on a modest machine. 

Converting Gopro6 H265 with Handbrake to H264 is a waste of time, you are still stuck with a compressed non edit friendly format. 

I have an 5-6 year old i7 laptop with vegas. I can edit butter smooth 4K footage on it no problem, if I convert to avi in GP studio first. Native mp4 and it will just lock up. 

On my stationary PC, 6700K, 32 gp ram,  1080 8GB gfx, ssd watercooled wil edit native in Resolve, but on longer projects, I convert, so much smoother.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Not sure if this has been said here already, but I found a solution that worked easily for me.

I just shot some 240fps 1080p footage on a Hero Black 6 and brought it into premiere. The footage importe with a framerate of 239.76 (or 10x 23.976). I right-clicked the clip in the project folder, selected Modify > Interpret Footage... and set the framerate to 23.976. Footage then showed up in Project folder with 23.976 framerate and played back accordingly in a 23.976 timebase timeline/sequence.  

Cheers!

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am using Adobe Premier Pro CS6, Windows 10 on a custom built machine with 32GB of RAM, Gigabyte Geforce GTX1080 1GB video card.

When I try to import any of the 1080/240 or 2.7/120 video files to Premiere Pro I simply get an audio file, it seems to kill off the video file.

This is NOT something I was expecting to run into and is causing me some serious issues with editing as I CAN'T!

From what research I have done it seems it is something about GoPro HEro 6 recording AIFF audioinstead of ACC audio with HEVC codec for the videos ...

Can someone pelase help me!

Highlighted
Hiker

There are so many varibles with witch version of premier can handle 240fps.
You will have to research a bit. Tonnes of stuff on the 240fps / HVEC problem. 

I would look at transcoding your footageage to AVI or DNXHD/HR. 

As for audio, GoPro HVEC is ACC, no question there. 

You say you have GTX1080 1GB, sure thats right? Only 1GB grafix card is going to give you problems regardless when running high frame rates and resolutions.  

Highlighted
Explorer

It's got to be a typo.  I think it's supposed to read 10 GB.  I don't think they made a 1GB GTX 1080.  If they did, it's a complete waste.

Highlighted
Hiker

Agree, got to be more than 1 GB Man Happy

Highlighted
Explorer

I think this must be an issue with CS6. I think Premiere Pro CS6 is something like 6 years old and may just not work with HEVC. I have a GTC 1050 ti which is far less powerful than a 1080 and I'm able to handle Hero6 HEVC files without issues. Converting the files with Handbrake might be the best option.