Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Re: How to turn wifi on. On hero 5

[ New ]

Hey folks,

please check out this link: https://gopro.com/help/articles/How_To/How-to-Pair-Your-HERO5-Black-Camera-and-Smart-or-Wi-Fi-Remote

I had the same isue and this linked helped me solve it

Best regards,

Dirk

Anonymous

[ New ]

@Anonymous simply restart your gopro to see the power button for the wireless not faded anymore, this is what happend to me, but i still could not connect my phone to my camera.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Tried all the solutions, NADA, need it this week but it's the weekend and won't be able to get a hold of support.

Think this one is going back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@Anonymous - Can you tell us more about what you're seeing or where the pairing fails?

Anonymous

[ New ]

Like all above, I can't get the wireless on.  Restarted several times and it was on once then quit.  Downloaded new firmware but didn't do much, just got the camera last week.  

When I pair with my phone it just tells me there is no internet.

Also, in case my strong router was the problem I walked a ways outside and tried.

I know it will still work for most, but I'm not paying that much and not be able to use the remote since I'm a wildlife videographer.  Very dissapointed because I leave tomorrow and can't get it back to BandH and a new one sent to me by next week when I really planned to use it. 

Too many people offering REAL simple solutions that don't work for me so it must be the camera, too much money to deal with issues when I just got it.

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@Anonymous - The "no internet connection" notice is normal. It's because the phone is connecting to the camera's wifi signal (not to your home router). The camera generates a wifi signal, but that signal doesn't also connect to the Internet.

Here's a video of the pairing process that may help you get past that step in the process...

Thanks,

Jeff

Anonymous

[ New ]
wireless stays grey too... how can I solve that?
Anonymous

[ New ]
this is bad .... Wi-Fi is grey... doesn't turn on