Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

How to turn wifi on. On hero 5

[ New ]

How do I turn the wifi on on my hero 5 

Anonymous

Re: How to turn wifi on. On hero 5

[ New ]

@Anonymous

Hi, which Hero 5 you using? Hero 5 Black or Hero 5 Session?

If its the Hero 5 Black, 

Swipe down the screen and scroll through till you see Connectivity, Connections.

Anonymous

[ New ]
I can see the wireless connections button but when I press it nothing happens.
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@Anonymous - When the wireless is turned on, the only thing you'll notice is the Wireless setting itself being turned on. However, once it's turned on, your camera will be able to pair with your smartphone using the Capture app.

Jeff

Anonymous

[ New ]
@jefft It will not allow me to turn the hotspot on unless I set it to connect new device and use my phone to access it. Other than that I cannot connect my gopro to the Capture app. When I try to turn the wifi on, outside of connecting a new device, nothing happens. The wifi hotspot does not turn on
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

I've heard of this happening with other users, but can't recall what the resolution for them was. I think some of them updated the camera's firmware to correct this, but if that doesn't work you may have better luck contacting one of our Support team members at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus so they can troubleshoot this with you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Anonymous

[ New ]

I got a new GoPro Hero 5 Black a couple of days ago. I'm now trying to connect and the wifi feature will not turn on. I select it from the menu but it never turns on. It stays grey.

I tried sending an email to your support email and that page is not allowing me to send a message. I select "Technical Support" and try to get a "sub type" but none appears. I click "EMAIL US!" and I get an error.

Needless to say I'm really disappointed.

What do I do now? Return it to where I purchased it?

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have the same problem!!!