Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: How to turn off Hero 5 Session?

My session won't respond to either button, the 2 red lights keep flashing. I mounted it on my motorcycle & rode in to town 15 mins away. When I parked I pressed the top button to stop recording, but the lights keep flashing & no display comes up on the LCD panel. I tried holding each button for 10 seconds each, then both for the same time. The lights have been flashing for 3 hours now, even after I removed the card. The trip was recorded perfectly until I pressed the button. This is the second trip in a row this happened.

Highlighted
Adventurer

@harryn30772 wrote:

My session won't respond to either button, the 2 red lights keep flashing. I mounted it on my motorcycle & rode in to town 15 mins away. When I parked I pressed the top button to stop recording, but the lights keep flashing & no display comes up on the LCD panel. I tried holding each button for 10 seconds each, then both for the same time. The lights have been flashing for 3 hours now, even after I removed the card. The trip was recorded perfectly until I pressed the button. This is the second trip in a row this happened.

Open a new thread, this one has been resolved. 

sounds like   buffering can be related your card is on the limit of working but your camera is having troubles    going to the level of the card.    so Back button will force off the camera of a ten sec press, a hard boot  may be just hte back button, I also find adding hte  shutter in to the picture helps out.

if it  can not shut down then we all got troubles there has to be a One off  hard boot.

we all think any sd card works check your specs to your card and go from there, saying your card can be SLOW  you  need to be faster with the card then the camera.   slow cards f ast cams CRASH

hope that helps some

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your reply Fishycomics. The card meets or exceeds the requirements of the cam. I finally managed to get a reponse from the Sessions after seversal hours of both red lights flashing when I plugged the usb cable into my computer. The cam beeped several times & shut down. All seems ok now. I power my sessions from the power outlet on my bike using the usb cable because that useless battery in the Session lasts all of 30 minutes. This is the second time it has locked up & I wonder if I need to stop recording by pressing the shutter button before turning off the bike engine. That will be the order next ride.

Cheers!

Highlighted
Adventurer

@harryn30772 wrote:

Thanks for your reply Fishycomics. The card meets or exceeds the requirements of the cam. I finally managed to get a reponse from the Sessions after seversal hours of both red lights flashing when I plugged the usb cable into my computer. The cam beeped several times & shut down. All seems ok now. I power my sessions from the power outlet on my bike using the usb cable because that useless battery in the Session lasts all of 30 minutes. This is the second time it has locked up & I wonder if I need to stop recording by pressing the shutter button before turning off the bike engine. That will be the order next ride.

Cheers!

that can be the issue  the bike   the port and the cable, I found out certain things do not like one another so maybe you need to find a better aftermarket cable  or product  I recall having that issue in the car. port, cable product  can not remember what I did I know i use a cloth cable now works fine and not gopros cable.

Highlighted
Tourist

Good tip, ty! I have an aftermarket cable that's a bit long for the bike, but I can bundle it up & tuck it in the glove box where the power outlet is. This Hero 5 Session was an xmas gift from my wife to replace my iOn Pro cam I'd been using. The theory was the Session was such a superior cam. That has not been my experiece so far & now I wish I hadn't given the iOn away.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I just bought my Hero session 5 and it's refusing to power down after my first ride home.  I keep turning it off and it keeps turning itself back on again.  I'm not connected to wifi but i was earlier.  But nothing is connected.  It beeps 7 times, and it does that like every 5 minutes.  

I'm seriously considering returning this because cameras that turn themselves on after I turned them off are kind of creepy.  The image quality is amazing but the usability is just downright awful; it's like DMV levels of misery just trying just to view a 15 minute video.  I was really expecting a more refined UI.  

Highlighted
Tourist

Turn on your GoPro. Start the GoPro app on your smart phone or tablet. Go to connection in the GoPro and connect to your phone or tablet. When you have remote screen on your phone or tablet, look for the power button top left of screen. Tap that. You should hear your GoPro power down. Then close the app on your phone or tablet, don't hide it, close it.... Should work. 

Andy

Highlighted
Sightseer

Then why is mine still on after 10 minutes?

Your answer is incomplete.