Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: How to stop wind noise

Hi,

Many thanks for that, as it was very informative.

However, just made a discovery, that Im not sure if its common to many, or even if it will work, as I simply came across it by accident and  through research for something else. I came across a company on Amazon, that make a case for the Here session 4 and by the looks, it should fit the 5 also, it only cost 10 pounds, so worth a try. Its been designed on the idea of using the camera to be used deeper under water, so Im thinking wind noise gone I hope..will let you know how I get on. 

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi,

Well I can firmly say the answer to solving our wind noise problem with Gopro Hero Session4 is to buy a waterproof case from amazon at a cost of £10. It works on the same principal as the older go pro camera's that come with waterproof cases. I have spent a lot of time and watched many youtube videos, and tried many of the methods suggested, until I came across this simply case. I tried it this morning on my motorbike and I can now hear the sweet sound of my GSKR Suzuki750.

IMG_6078.JPG
Highlighted
Sightseer

I bought a session in the summer thinking even though it's cheaper it's still a go pro so it should still meet a certain standard of quality. I liked that it fits under the helmet visor protected from branches and getting covered in mud. I used it for 2 rides on my atv. The wind noise isn't the end of it, simply splashing through puddles of water creates a terrible scratching/ hissing noise. Seeing as most of the best clips consist of going fast or going through mud and water this makes the camera essentially useless, the sound makes it unwatchable. I'm incredibly disappointed with my first GoPro purchase and threw $240 out the window. Thanks a lot.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hello => it's exactly the same "box" i used in my 3rd video to limit microphone saturation due to excessive air-flows

NO, it's not the absolute solution but it gave good results, for me, than without any protection and in moderate speeds (approx 90km/h)

As I said in my 1rst message, if you record something in an "excessive noisy place", you'll ear excessive noise on your video... it's unavoidable. The best solution (and for higher speeds) is using a specific sound-recorder placed far from airflows (under my seat or bagpack, into a little acoustic-foam "sarcophagus"), it provides the best sound quality, but you'll have to laboriously édit/synchronize each video that can take a very long time in HD : I use a Zoom H1 recorder (good enough for my uses) and edit with DaVinci Resolve.

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

I tested it under sea (diving) last summer, can ear bubbles and "glub"... pleasant quiet video :)
I don't know about aquasports (swiming/surfing/windsurfing/kayak) sound recording quality maybe depends of conditions/wind and shocks on cam-box : any shock (water, mud) provoque a shock, a shock, a sound, a good reason to  use sound recorder in this case